✨🖤Starry date night

Warning: this chapter contains smut

Warning: this chapter contains smut. It's mostly smut but still. It will be in italics if you would still like to read it though!

Steve stared at the clock on the wall of Family Video, wondering what higher power he would have to bargain with to make time go faster. He had fifteen minutes left of his shift and then he could finally spend time with his girlfriend. He anxiously tapped his hands on the counter, something that was driving Robin crazy. Not sharing a job with Liza was alot harder than he expected it to be.

At Scoops Ahoy, he and Liza worked similar shifts often. He got to enjoy time with her and work, got to talk to her and earn money. It was like the best of both worlds. But now, with him at Family Video and her at Dexter's while repeating senior year, their time together was limited to nights and rare days where they both were off.

"Steve! Can you please stop? Its starting to feel like you're drumming on my skull." Robin complained. Steve stopped his tapping, barely glancing over to Robin as he apologized. She walked up to the counter, a stack of VHS tapes in her hand that she was rewinding. "Why are you so ready to leave anyways?"

"I'm taking Liza on a surprise date tonight." Steve answered, only two minutes had passed by and he wanted to scream.

"Okay? So why are you nervous? You and Liza have gone on dates before." Robin raised a brow at her friend. "You're acting like you're gonna propose. Oh my god, are you going to propose?! Cause if so, I'm personally offended that this is the first I'm hearing about it. Not to mention you didn't ask my permission to do so, did you even ask Dustin? Or Claudia? What about Max? Steven if you haven't asked any of us yet, then you most certainly cannot ask her!"

"Jesus, Robin. No, I'm not asking Liza to marry me. And even if I did, I'm smart enough to ask the extensive list of people in Liza's life before hand." Steve scoffed. He knew when and if the time came where he was going to propose, he would have to start asking permission at least a month in advance. He had already planned out his strategy. Asking Claudia first, because she was Liza's mother, then Dustin for obvious reasons. After that he would move down the list from Easiest - Robin would say yes before he even got the question out - to hardest - Mike and Eleven - before actually planning the proposal.

"Then. . . Why are you nervous?" Robin asked again.

"Because, Liza isn't the biggest fan of surprises sometimes and if she had a bad day at work she will one hundred percent hate this." Steve shrugged, glancing back at the clock. Seven more minutes.

"Just go, Dingus. I'll clock you out on time." Robin chuckled, nodding her head towards the door. Steve grinned, running out from behind the counter, he stopped briefly to hug Robin then bolt out the door. "Gross!" Robin called after him with a laugh.

Steve ran across the street, throwing open the door to Dexter's and tripped slightly as he entered the record shop. Someone cleared their throat, making Steve turn to find Mick with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyebrows raised.