🖤🔎 : Liza tells Eddie about the breakup

~x~

~x~

Walking down the hallway, Eddie's face broke into a smile when he spotted Liza and Robin standing at the former's locker. He picked up his pace as he approached them, eager to spend some time with the blonde and try and get Robin comfortable around him as she still acted like she was committing a crime just by standing near him. Whatever the girls were talking about seemed to stop when Robin's eyes widened and Liza turned to see the cause.

"And what are you two gossiping about?" Eddie asked as he stopped beside Liza. The girls shared a look that held a silent conversation. "C'mon! I wanna be a part of girl talk!"

"We were uh. . . Talking. . . About. . ." Robin fumbled through her words.

"Math! We were talking about math." Liza covered, looking at Eddie with a nervous smile. "I am the worst at it and I was asking Robin if she could tutor me."

"I'm pretty good at math, I could do it." Eddie offered, looking between the girls before grabbing Liza's hand. He dramatically bowed and kissed her knuckles before peering up at her and speaking in his horrible attempt at a British accent. "Would you do me the honour of allowing me to tutor you in arithmetics?"

"Sure, Rockstar. I'd be delighted." Liza snorted, pulling her hand out of his to give a curtsy.

"What did I just witness?" Robin asked in confusion as the bell rang.

Liza shrugged then shot down the hall, leaving Eddie and Robin alone. She was thankful that her cover story worked out in her favour, she didn't want to tell Eddie what she and Robin were actually talking about.

"Wanna tell me what you guys were actually talking about?" Eddie turned to look at Robin with raised brows.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Robin stuttered out, avoiding Eddie's eyes as best as she could.

"Cut the shit, Buckley. You're a horrible liar." Eddie rolled his eyes. He watched as Robin tried to find a defence for herself but fell short. She looked down to the ground again with a heavy sigh. "C'mon, what could you two possibly be talking about that is that secret."

"Steve."

"As in. . . Harrington?" Eddie's eyes widened. Robin nodded and he felt a prickle of jealousy in his chest. "What about the douchebag? No offence."

"None taken." Robin waved him off. "Well, some taken. Anyways, I was trying to get her to open up."

"You mean you two haven't had a heart to heart about it yet?" Eddie's brows furrowed in confusion.

"No, we have. . . It's just that she refuses to say anything that would be seen as bad. It's like she's worried that anything she says will turn us against him." Robin explained, leaning against the locker. "Everyone of her friends has some sort of relationship to Steve and so she keeps giving us this bullshit abou- Oh my god!"