🔎🖤 : Wayne and Managing

~x~

~x~

Liza laid on Eddie's bed, bundled up underneath the frayed comforter with a book propped up on her chest. She was waiting for him to come back from the store, she had sent him out for snacks and he wasn't usually in the business of telling her no. Her mind was focused on the upcoming Corroded Coffin performance instead of the world that Stephan King has written. Ever since the first show, she would get excited for each one that came after. She had now been to four and even though it was - for the most part - the same set list, it always felt like the first time. 

After a few more minutes of daydreaming, Liza heard the door to the trailer open and waited for a few seconds to figure out which of the Munsons had come home. There were no immediate sounds that gave the person away until a familiar cough told her that it was Wayne. A sudden idea popped into her head and she quickly threw the blankets off, running out of the room to come to a stop in front of Wayne. 

“Hey, Lizard!” Wayne greeted the girl with a smile.

When Eddie first started talking about Liza, it seemed for the most part platonic. Wayne was just happy that his nephew had made a friend that made him excited to go to school as Eddie hadn't missed a single day since he began talking to the blonde. Then when he met Liza, he could see why she seemed to have Eddie so enraptured. She was a delight of a person. She was funny and kind with a fire and mischievous streak that was all wrapped in a bow. Wayne had begun to see her as a part of his family, which wasn't hard to do considering she was at the trailer often enough. 

“Wayne, I have a question.” Liza said with a grin. The man nodded for her to continue. “When was the last time you saw Eddie's band perform?”

“Uh, sometime last year. I think?” Wayne answered, scratching at the stubble on his cheek as he thought. “Yeah, in July.”

“Well, how would you feel about coming tomorrow?” Liza leaned against the counter beside Wayne with a smile. “I'm sure they have improved since the last time.”

“Sure, why not.” Wayne nodded, smiling when she lit up.

“Amazing!” Liza exclaimed, giving Wayne a side hug. He chuckled as placed a quick kiss on her hair. “Eddie's gonna be so excited!”

~x~

Instead of the table upfront, Liza and Wayne sat down at the bar. Liza had made that decision as sitting that close would make it hard to talk, because she'd be entirely too focused on Eddie. The bartender - who Liza had learned was named Earl - handed Liza a beer before pouring Wayne a whiskey, he nodded at both as he did. Wayne looked at the blonde with confusion but didn't say anything until Earl had walked into the back.

  "You're not even twenty one. How the hell are you getting a beer?" Wayne grunted, narrowing his eyes at Liza.

  "He didn't push that hard for my ID when I first came, so we have an understanding. Even if he did, I have an ID" Liza shrugged, pulling an I.D out of her jacket pocket. Wayne took it out of her hand and laughed, it was a Texas I.D and clearly fake as her name was Liza MacDonald on it.