We're Home

It had been a couple of months since I had moved with my aunt. I ended up getting a new phone number; I loved my school and made plenty of friends. I was close with my cousin and aunt, they were my best friends and I could rely on them for anything. I ended up getting my driving permit and my aunt even helped me get my own car.

I'd just started my junior year, I sat on the bleachers before school waiting on my best friend, Cameron. He was one of the first people that I talked to, he gave plenty of fashion tips and was good at keeping the guys away from me. After Kristian, I don't think I'd be able to do relationships again.

I looked up to someone sitting beside me leaning into my side as I scrolled Kristian's Facebook "Message him." I gave Cameron a smile "I can't." He took my phone "Girl with that gorgeous smile, how could you not? I'd be in his dms if he swung my way." I slipped my phone back "It would never work out now. I made my decision and I need to stick with it."

My other friend Camila sat down "Tsk tsk you need to get out into guy world more. There are more guys than Kristian love." Cameron smirked at Camila "So.. this year let's move on. What do you think V?" I grinned but quickly frowned "But what if?" Camila cut me off "No. You said it yourself he was with his ex. You don't deserve that."

The bell rang breaking the awkward conversation, I was the first to jump up "See you guys later." Cameron smirked "Not so fast. We have first period together. I peeked at your schedule." I threw my hair back "Oh." Camila smiled "We aren't hassling you, we just heard the story and want what's best for you. We aren't trying to make you uncomfortable."

I nodded and gave them a quick smile "We should get to class." They stood up and we went to our classes; I sat with Cameron in the far back. He turned to me "I think a small conversation with him will put your mind at ease." I looked up from my phone "Camila is right. It's too late for that. There are more guys than just Kristian." The teacher came in and class began.

A Year Ago; Kristian's POV

I kept glancing at my phone in hopes she'd text me but it never came. I began to get antsy; I finally decided to call one more time though my previous calls were never returned, to find her phone was disconnected. Hearing that message hit hard, I ran up to Karissa "Call Violet's phone."

She rolled her eyes "I think it's time to realize she wants nothing to do with us anymore." I looked past her to Madison, I jogged to her "Hey!" She looked at me confused "Yes?" I cleared my throat "Um. Had Violet.." She shook her head "I figured she took Karissa's side in this fight."

I took a deep breath "No. Her phone is disconnected now and her social media is deleted." Madison looked down "I hope nothing happened to her." Then it clicked in my head. Eliza. She'd talk to Eliza there's no way she'd leave and not stay in contact with Eliza.

Once school was over, I drove to Eliza's hoping she was home. I rang the doorbell and patiently waited, the door opened "Kristian? What a surprise." I cut the small talk off "Do you talk to Violet?" She frowned and shook her head "I haven't. I hope she's doing okay. I've reached out to her social worker but they won't tell me much."

My chest felt empty, why would she do that? She loves Eliza. I'd heard the stories of her parents and inside hoped her aunt wasn't anything like them. Eliza spoke "I pray for her every day and I know what you're thinking. I'm sorry sweetheart." I nodded and remained quiet but a quick thank you. I turned and walked back to my car. This was going to be a hard one to let go.

Present: Violet's POV

I opened the front door and the tears I held back escaped. Just as I planned to fall to the ground I was tackled by my niece River "Violet!" My cousin came from the kitchen "Sorry V, she was waiting on you." I picked her up "No problem. Did Desiree drop her off?" He rolled his eyes "We won't get into it right now. River. Come finish your food."

River ran off after her dad, I went into the kitchen and was greeted by none other than my parents. My eyes swelled with tears and I ran out to my room. I fell on my bed face first and screamed while tears drenched my pillow. I felt a hand on my back gently rubbing. I hadn't felt her touch in years and I was hesitant to move.

I couldn't help myself, I fell into her arms and cried even harder. My mommy. The anger washed away once her warmth and perfume hit me; the number of nights I cried and dreamed of this moment. I pulled away from her "Please don't leave me again." I looked over her shoulder at my dad, I stood and ran into his arms. He whispered "Hey pumpkin."

My mom stood behind me and I was sandwiched between them. My dad wore the same old aftershave and cologne, it was like nothing had changed. I had thought I would be mad or upset at them when this came but it was the opposite. I was happy to see them and be able to hug them again.

I stayed with my aunt until my parents had a stable home and income. By the time I was finishing my school year, my dad had slipped up and got caught up with bad people. He ended up back in jail for 2 more years. My mom maintained staying clean and moving forward; she had to attend parenting classes and continue getting a good report on parole before I was given to her.

I was allowed visitation at her new apartment but couldn't stay the night. That conversation had come up but my social worker wasn't ready for that move. They waited on her to slip up but I didn't think she would, I think she saw her mistakes and wanted a different life for herself and me. I was thankful to have her back in my life as for my dad I hope he can find a reason to stop since I wasn't it.