You Again

I woke up the following morning and sat on my laptop; my phone started ringing. I looked at the name, Camila. I answered "I'm not going. Cameron already called." She giggled "Come on! There's supposed to be a huge party afterwards and trust me you need it." I closed the laptop "I don't have anything to wear anyway." She was quiet for a second "Girl... do you have any idea who you're talking to? Hold on I'm on my way." Before I could refuse she hung up.

I got up and took a shower; jumping back into my comfort clothes knowing at this point I had no choice whether I went or not. She stormed into my room "Girl! What are you wearing?" I rolled my eyes as I ate a bag of chips "My comfort clothes." She snatched the bag away "You deserve to be single." I finished munching "Probably, don't take my food."

She placed the bag in my trash "Kristian will be there tonight." I shrugged "Why am I supposed to care? It's been nearly two years since I last saw him." She grabbed the laptop, opening it to his page "This is why." I sighed "Remind me to put a password on that later." She closed it and sat beside me "We go to college in a few months, you have every chance at him." I threw my blanket back "Who said I was going to college?"

She cringed "You did not say that." I exhaled loudly "Maybe I decided not to. Plenty of people make it without school." She sat on the bed "You are smarter than that." I frowned, she looked into my eyes "What is this really about?" I shrugged my shoulder "Am I good enough for college?" She smiled "You? Good enough? V, your SAT scores and grades are amazing. How could you not be good enough?"

I shrugged again "Him being here is messing with my mind I guess." She grabbed my brush "Then let's show him what he missed out on." She started brushing my hair; she started curling it and sweeping it in front of me "I wish my hair was this easy to do." I giggled "Trust me, I hardly touch it." She stood up "Perfect, now makeup." She grabbed her purse from the end of my bed "Try not to move." She started painting it on my face, I flinched back when she placed eyelashes on my eyelid "Why do I need those?"

She sat back "Trust me. If you don't like them we'll remove them. Okay?" I exhaled accepting my fate, she applied them and I felt as if I couldn't see; it was uncomfortable. She held up the mirror "Well? Am I good or am I good?" I looked up at her and smiled "Wow. Thank you." She jumped up "Let's see what you have to wear." She started going through my closet "Girl. You have no dresses." I look away "Don't like them."

She grabbed a shirt that sits off my shoulders which shows a lot of cleavage if I don't have another shirt underneath, I shake my head no "That is too exposing for my comfort." She lays it on the bed "Perfect. Now do you have anything but jeans?" I shook my head " I have shorts in my dresser." She kneels opening the drawer "How about this skirt?" I cringed "I don't wear skirts, my aunt got that for me and I've never.." She took another look at them "Also perfect. We are getting you out of your comfort zone tonight."

She runs to my closet and grabs some black wedges "How have I never seen these on you?" I faked a smile "I prefer my DCs." She looked at her phone "We're late to the game!" I threw on the clothes, and looked at my shirt "I can't go out in this." She grabbed my hand and dragged me out before I could remove the shirt. We got into her car and went to the stadium at our school.

We walked up as the soccer players gathered outside the stadium, I caught eyes with Kristian but quickly Brent jumped into my view "Look at you! Gorgeous." I give him a fake smile "Good luck." Kristian comes up with a couple of teammates "Look who it is." I brush my hair back and put my attention on Brent "I'll see you after your game." Camila stood eyeing Brent before following me. I made my way to the bleachers and broke down, Camila started fanning my face "Don't cry, you're going to mess up your makeup."

A familiar girl came up "Hey! You're Violet right?" Camila looked up and glared into her soul "Who she is, is none of your concern." I got a look at the girl before she walked off, I whispered "That's her. That's the girl he's with." She scoffed "Unbelievable." We took our seats beside Cameron, he looked at us "Okay have you seen the opponent's captain? He is gorge." Camila looked at him wide-eyed, Cameron realized "Wait that hunk is Kristian?"

I sighed "Yes." Cameron puckers his lips "Oh girl why'd you let that one go?" I look at him as Camila smacks his shoulder, I let out a quiet laugh and look as the game starts. The teams walk onto the field; I catch eyes with Kristian once again as he looks around the bleachers. He gives me a smile and runs to his team; I look away but glance back.

After the game, I waited by the entrance while Camila and Cameron were in the restrooms. I felt a hand on my shoulder, I turned to Brent. He smiled "Going to the party?" I smirked "I don't look like this for a soccer game." Of course, up behind him comes Kristian who pats Brent's shoulder "Good game." He looks at me "Violet." He continues walking to his girlfriend who looks my way with a smirk. Brent smirked "Awe I see why you're here and look that way." I cross my arms "Don't make assumptions."

Camila and Cameron walk up "Are you carpooling with him?" I look at Brent "No." I start walking toward the parking lot, I turn to my name. Camila leans on my shoulder as Kristian's girlfriend calls for me. Kristian is looking everywhere but at me, I scoff and roll my eyes walking away again. She giggles and shouts "You've become a bitch Violet." I turn walking backward "You call me that like it's a bad thing." I smirk and turn back around, we head back to the car.

Cameron and Camila start laughing, I look at them "What?" Cameron opened his door "You've been around us too long." Camila smiled once Cameron got in "I bet she took that hard." We got into the car and headed to the after-party.