Here's To Us

We pulled into the parking garage of the hotel, I got out "I'm not drinking." Camila turned to me "Were you planning to?" I shrugged "Parties usually mean alcohol." Cameron smirked "I am, I have a sober driver." He pats Camila who gets upset "I thought we weren't?" He smirks "Girl, you said you won't. Those words never left my mouth."

We went inside; the lobby was full of students. The school rented the hotel out for tonight's party; Camila ran off with a guy she had been seeing; Cameron pulled out a flask "You want some?" I stared at the flask in his hand "I'll pass." He took a quick swig and hid it once again "Missing out." He started walking to the table of drinks and food; I followed shortly behind before Brent stopped me "Friends ditch you?"

I shook my head, I looked at his eyes and realized they were glossy. He was drunk, the alcohol radiating from his clothes confirmed it. He brushed my hair back "You're so sexy. I'd do anything to be with you." I stepped back from him "You're drunk. Maybe you should go home." He chuckled "Tonight... We will... Be my girlfriend already... Fuck that Kristian pretty boy. I'd never disrespect... you." I gently grabbed his hand "Let's get some water." As we walked to the table, Kristian walked up "Need some help?"

I look at him "Please." He helped me sit Brent into a chair and brought a cup of water; Brent looked at me "I've always loved... you. Since.. you.." His head suddenly fell back and he passed out, I tilted his head back up "I need to get him a room or something, he'll be suspended if they see him like this." Kristian looked at me "I'll be right back, give me 10 minutes." I shouted for him but he was already gone; I stood in front of him to prevent any teachers or adults from seeing him. Kristian ran back up within 5 minutes "Grab him." We use our strength to lift him, Cameron notices us and comes to help "What happened?"

He noticed Kristian and shut his mouth; he helped us get Brent into the room. We walked out of the room after leaving Brent on his side; Cameron looked at us "I'll check on him every few hours. Go enjoy yourself V." Kristian handed him the room key "Appreciate it." Cameron looked at me with a huge grin and walked down the hallway. I look at Kristian "Thank you." He frowns "Is there a reason you ghosted everyone?" I crossed my arms over my chest "I saw you with her at Clay's." He looked away "I don't know what I was thinking. I went back to her in hopes she'd distract me from you leaving and I possibly will not see you again."

I kept quiet, he looked back "I'm sorry." Before I could say anything, a couple of my school's team came down the hall "Have you seen Brent?" Kristian opens the door for them "In here." Brent was sitting up on the bed; they helped him out and took him home. Brent hollered he loved me all the way down the hall until they got into the elevator. Kristian asked "Boyfriend?" I chuckled "He wishes." He looked into my eyes "You look happier."

I nodded my head slowly "I am. I have my mom back." He looked away "I don't want to be around... Can we talk in private?" I bit my lip "I don't think so." I started walking back to the lobby when he gently pulled me back; we went into the room. He released my hand "What are you doing?" He looked into my eyes "Do you still love me?" I looked away "How I feel doesn't matter when you're in a relationship."

He sighed "You're looking away. You do and I do. We were miles away from each other and yet here we are again." I looked back "So you're willing to cheat? Why would I waste my time when eventually you'll do the same thing to me?" He looked down at the carpet "I broke up with her when she called you... you know." I smirked "So she was a passerby till we met again?" He closed his eyes "No Violet. Please allow me to explain." I scoff "You seem to have changed too." I went to the door but he said "Please?"

I turned around "Me moving away has been the greatest thing in my life. I found my home and I'd like to leave my past lives in the past. Including you." His face was filled with distraught "You're upset." I exhaled "I spent years thinking what my life had been like with you and I had trouble moving on because you gave me that perfect boyfriend experience but standing here tonight with you made me realize I didn't miss out on much. You ran to your ex-girlfriend before I was even on the plane. I might love you but my respect for you is gone. So have a good night."

I opened the door and went back to the lobby; Cameron met me "Do you need a drink?" I took the flask and chugged it down, Cameron stopped me "Whoa that bad?" The burning sensation felt good in my chest, it numbed the building-up emotions that were about to be released in tears. Cameron leaned in "The punch bowl was spiked." I pushed my way through and took a full cup back; Kristian was talking to Cameron; I chugged some more "Cam. Do you mind getting..." I started slurring and my vision got blurry. I fell into Kristian but stumbled back up.

Cameron grabbed a hold of my arm "Babe, you need to sit." I started hysterically laughing "I am fine." Camila walked up "What is going on? V?" Her eyes popped out of her head "Is she drunk? Cameron!" He put his hands up in defense "I had nothing to do with it." Kristian spoke up "I can take her home, I was planning to leave anyway." Camila looked at Cameron with a grin "Yeah. Do you have her address?" Cameron shrugged "Maybe she can even stay with you in your room and we can get her once this is over?" Kristian raised his eyebrows "I don't know if I'd explain this to her aunt well. I think she'd be fine with that." Camila nodded "Oh yeah. Her aunt and mom can be very mean."

We went back to his room; I got in his face "I forgot how handsome you are." He chuckled "Come on, let's sober you up." He put a water bottle to my mouth, and I pushed it away "I'm sober, kinda. I just wanted to leave. I never expected to be handed off by my friends." I looked up at him and I lost all control and self-respect. Our faces met and I was kissing him; I started unbuttoning his shirt but he stopped me "Violet." I let go of his shirt "You aren't attracted to me?" He sighed "Very but it's not a good time for this. I'm not prepared and I want you to be sober."

I sat on the bed "I want to go home, could you take me home?" He nodded "I want to talk before if that's okay with you." I moved over and patted the bed beside me. He sat down facing me "I was wrong. What I did was wrong and I'm genuinely sorry." I reached for his hands "How would it work with me living here and you living there?" He looked confused "Are you staying here after graduation?" I nodded "Most likely."

He stood up "Then I guess there isn't a need for discussion. You already told me how you felt. I can take you home if you still want me to." I shook my head "I'll go with my friends, good luck in your life." I stood and went to the door; I walked back to the lobby. Camila and Cameron were dancing but stopped once I walked up "You sobered up fast." I shrugged "Wasn't that drunk, when are we going?" Cameron looked at Camila "I'm ready if you are." Camila nodded "Let me go say goodbye to Trevor."

She took off into the crowd, Cameron turned to me "Everything okay?" I shrugged "It's over officially. There is no way I can be here and he will be there that it can work out." He pulled me in for a hug and I fought the tears building up in my chest. What did I expect? My life has always been difficult.