Therapy Is A Nightmare...

Another angst. Sorry Loagn... TW: self harm, nightmare

"Please consider him. He is really good."
Patton is the one person I can never say no to. I take the slip of paper. It has a number and address on it. "I will make a call. Maybe I will text."
Patton nodded.
A few hours later, I keep to my word. After a quick conversation, I have an appointment booked.

The day of my appointment arrives. I'm nervous as hell. I have to get Patton to do my tie. I go to the address and sit in the waiting room. My name is called and I enter the room.
Inside, there's a man in a tan cardigan and a pink tie.
He smiles at me. "Mr Sanders?"
I nod. "Yes."
He gestures for me to sit down and I do so.
"So what brings you here today?"
I give the slip of paper to the man. "This was given to me this morning."
He frowns. "By who?"
"My boyfriend, Patton Dove."
He smiles. "Why are you here today?"
I fix my gaze to the floor and I find myself unable to speak. Instead, I roll back my sleeves and show him my exposed wrists. They are cut and scarred. As soon as I know he's registered them, I pull down my sleeves again. "Mr Sanders..."
His voice softens slightly. "What happened?"
I look up at him. "I am the reason behind these scars."
He hands me a knife. "show me, please."
I gulp. "Please. Mr Sanders. I need to see you self harm." he encourages me.
Taking a deep breath, I hold the blade in hand and bring it to my arm. Once the first scratch crosses my skin, I cry out. I hold the blade in my left hand while I press down on the other side of the wrist until the cuts bleed. Tears stream from my eyes.
When I finally lower the knife, I look away.
He takes my hand gently and looks at the cuts. His thumb wipes away the blood.

A jolt of pain shoots through my back as I sit up, breathing heavy. I check my arms. There's scars there, but no new cuts. I sigh. Just a dream... Yeah... A real bad dream...

If the four people who have read this are enjoying this book, lemme know in the comments or something. The human connection will make me feel like person again.