Who Cares For The Carer

So... Have some Emile angst 🙃🙂🙃

"That was a great session, well done."
"see you next week!"
"Try and stick to the goals we discussed."
Each session was the same. All the sides relied on him. Logan, Patton, Virgil, Roman, Remus even Janus. He was the therapist. That was his job, right?
But, all those problems ate away at his mind. Sighing, he sat down with Thomas. "Hey, Dr. What do ya need?" Emile sat on the sofa. Closing his eyes, he thought really hard about what he was going to say. "I need a break from all the sides. It's not helping myself to always be worrying about everybody else."
"But who will care for them?" Thomas asked. "What if they need you? I can't help them."
Ashamed of himself, Emile stood. "okay. I'll see you at your session tomorrow." seemingly satisfied, Thomas smiled, allowing Emile to return to his room.
All he could think of was his patients. They didn't need him. Not anymore. He had patched them up a long time ago. But they never realised. They kept coming back, time after time, with small problems that weren't problems at all. "Screw them all! They don't care! They never did! Never will!" Within those words, something was hidden, something broken. Something in pain.
He sat on his bed, the pink sheets crumpled from last night's 'sleep'. Head falling into his hands, Emile allowed the tears to cascade down his cheeks like waterfalls." All I ever do is care for them..."   curling up in a ball, he held his sheep plushie close. "Why can't they just ask how I feel... Just once..."
He fell to the side, crying until he drifted of into a fitful sleep.

Bright and early, Emile woke up. His alarm clock didn't go off. "Yay.. Something else to fix.." Going downstairs, he was already feeling done. Patton was making BREAKFAST. "Hey, Dr Picani! Want some food?" Said side could feel his stomach grumble. " No, thanks, Patton!" He moved to the door of the imagination. "Cya at today's session!"

The three hours whirled round. The sky was pretty interesting, it turned out. Patton called out that he was ready.

In the office, Emile sat opposite Patton. "So, Morality. What seems to be the issue here?" the Fatherly Side frowned. "You."
"What have I done?"
" It's what you haven't done. You haven't been yourself. Are you alright?"

The therapist's hands began to shake. Tears formed in his eyes. "I'm fine." he choked out. Patton wasn't buying it. "Honestly? No..."
"Wanna talk..?"
"Yes...?"
Patton sat back. "Go ahead, Doc."