TWO

show him who you are

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

As it was time for the ceremony, everyone in the tribes of Wakanda came to attend. Once they got to where they were supposed to go, they all stood with their tribes. Ada stood by Shuri, only because Shuri wanted her to.

A ship came and set a walkway down, letting T'Challa out. As soon as he took his first step down, he heard everyone singing in Xhosa. Zuri was standing in the water, smiling at T'Challa when he came out.

"I, Zuri..." he started when the ship flew away. "Son of Badu... give to you... Prince T'Challa, the Black Panther!"

He waved his weapons and kneeled, causing everyone to form an X with their arms.

"The prince... will now have the strength of the Black Panther... stripped away."

T'Challa took the liquid as everyone formed an X with their arms once again, waiting for him to be okay. T'Challa got up as Zuri spoke again.

"Dumisani izinyanya." (Praise the ancestors.)

"Victory in ritual combat... comes by yield or death. If any tribe wishes to put forth a warrior... I now offer... a path to the throne.

"The Merchant Tribe will not challenge today."

"The Border Tribe will not challenge today."

"The River Tribe will not challenge today."

"The Mining Tribe will not challenge today."

"Is there any member of a royal blood... who wishes to challenge for the throne?"

Shuri raised her hand, and everybody started gasping as they saw her. Ada looked over at her as if she was crazy.

"This corset is really uncomfortable... so could we all just wrap it up and go home?"

Queen Ramonda started grabbing Shuri's arm, causing her to exclaim in surprise.

From afar, everyone heard chanting and grunting.

"Are they Jabari?" Shuri asked her mother.
"Yes."

M'Baku stopped in front of T'Challa, stopping his chant. He took his mask off, looking at T'Challa dead in the eyes.

"M'Baku," Zuri started, "what are you doing here?"

"It's challenge day. We have watched... and listened from the mountains! We have watched with disgust... as your technological advancements have been overseen by a child!"

He pointed at Shuri, causing the surrounding Dora Milaje members to out their spears in front of her, as well as Ramonda and Ada's arms.

"Who scoffs at tradition!" M'Baku continued. "And now you want to hand the nation over to this prince... who could not keep his own father safe. We will not have it. I said, we will not have it, oh! I, M'Baku, leader of the Jabari..."

"I accept this challenge, M'Baku."

"Glory to Hanuman," he smirked as he walked away.

As both men got ready for the fight, the Jabari and the Dora Milaje went down into the water with the men and surrounded them. Zuri put T'Challa's mask on as M'Baku put his back on. Ada felt a hand go into hers, so she looked down and saw her best friend, looking as nervous as ever.

"Let the challenge begin!"

M'Baku took the first swing that was easily blocked by T'Challa. Every swing that he was throwing was being blocked, causing him to be madder. There was me passing that knocked T'Challa down, but he easily got back up. T'Challa then knocked M'Baku down with a kick to his abdomen.

M'Baku yelled at T'Challa to come closer, and he did, but then got knocked down by M'Baku again.

"Where is your god now?" M'Balu teased as T'Challa had no weapons anymore.

T'Challa grabbed onto M'Baku's stick, swung his leg up, and kicked him in the face. Another swing, another punch. M'Baku then got the upper hand. He grabbed and held T'Challa in a hold that he couldn't get out of.

"No powers," M'Baku shouted as he hit T'Challa in the face. "No claws. No special suit, oh! Just a boy not fit to lead!"

"Show him who you are!" Ramonda yelled to her son.

T'Challa yelled and hit M'Baku in the face repeatedly, making him let go of him. M'Baku then impaled his staff into T'Challa's shoulder, making everyone grimace.

"I am Prince T'Challa... son of King T'Chaka!"

"You can do this, T'Challa!" Shuri yelled to her brother.

T'Challa showed the staff out his shoulder, making M'Baku stumble back. He went to stab him again, but T'Challa grabbed it and kneeled on it, making him fall. T'Challa went over and wrapped his legs around M'Baku's neck, causing them to be right near the fall.

"Yield! Don't make me kill you."

"I would rather die!"

"T'Challa!" everyone chanted.

"You have fought with honor! Now yield! Your people need you. Yield, man!"

M'Baku slapped his leg 3 times, yielding finally.

"Yes!" Shuri shouted as she hugged Ada. "Yes!"

T'Challw got up and raised his fist in victory.

"I now present to you... King T'Challa... the Black Panther," Zuri announced as he laid the necklace on T'Challa.

T'Challa looked around at everyone, seeing Ada cheer with Shuri.

"Wakanda forever!" T'Challa yelled as he formed an X with his arms.

"Wakanda forever!"