TWENTY NINE

aftermath

aftermath

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Everyone had reunited with their family. But, it was time for Tony's 'funeral'. S.W.O.R.D had taken Tony's body since it was too destroyed to bury it. So, they just had a flower bouquet with his favorite flowers at the Stark house that they would put in the water.

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But, it doesn't always roll that way. Maybe this time. I'm hoping if you play this back... it's in celebration. I hope families are reunited. I hope we get it back. And something like a normal version of the planet has been restored. If there ever was such a thing. God, what a world. Universe, now. if you told me ten years ago that we weren't alone... let alone to this extent, I mean, I wouldn't have been surprised... but come on, who knew? The epic forces of darkness and light that have come into play. And for better or worse... that's the reality Morgan's gonna have to find a way to grow up in. So, I thought I'd probably better record a little greeting... in case of an untimely death. On my part. Not that death isn't untimely. This time travel thing that we're gonna try and pull off tomorrow... it's got me scratching my head about the survivability of it all. That's the thing. Then again, that's the hero gig, right? Part of the journey is the end. What am I even tripping for? Everything is gonna work out exactly the way it's supposed to. I love you 3,000."

They all walked outside and put the bouquet in the water. Everyone was there.

Pepper, Morgan, Happy.

Rhodey, Cap.

Peter, his aunt May.

Thor, Bruce, Strange, Wong.

Scott, Hope, Hank, Janet.

Groot, Rocket, Nebula, Quill, Drax, Mantis.

T'Challa, Okoye, Shuri, Ada.

Bucky, Sam, Wanda.

Clint and his family.

Harley.

Maria, Secretary Ross, Carol, and Fury.

-

Clint and Wanda were standing by the river, mourning the loss of Tony together. Clint didn't want to say something to upset her, so he chose his words carefully.

"You know, I wish there was a way that I could let her know," Clint said, starting a conversation. "That we won. We did it."

"She knows," Wanda replied. "They both do."

-

"How you doing, squirt?" Happy Hogan asked Morgan Stark.
"Good," she replied.

"You good?"
"Mm-hmm."

"Good. You hungry?"
"Mm-hmm."

"What do you want?"
"Cheeseburgers."

"You know, your dad liked cheeseburgers."
"Okay."

"I'm gonna get you all the cheeseburgers you want."
"Okay."

-

Ada gasped as she stepped onto the grounds of Wakanda. She had not seen her parents in two years; two long, agonizing years since Thanos' snap had wiped half of the universe out of existence, including her parents. She had been living in Wakanda, the land of her ancestors, since the snap, training and tinkering with her suit so when the time came, she would be ready to be the Second Black Panther again. She had dreaded the thought of never seeing her parents again, and now, here they were.

"Ada," her mother, Ime, said as they embraced. Tears streamed down both their faces as Ime's arms wrapped around her daughter in a hug of pure love and joy. Baako, Ada's father, stood by in awe and admiration, watching his daughter and wife reunite.

"I'm so glad to be home," Ada finally said, a smile playing on her lips despite the tears.

Ime and Baako spent the next few moments filling Ada in on all she had missed when Thanos was in Wakanda, even though they knew she was fighting him. They told her of their time spent in the last moments before they turned to dust, and of their faith that Ada would find a way to restore it.

Ada then told her parents of her idea to tell Queen Ramonda what happened to her when she was 14. She was sure that the Queen would be pleased and disappointed to hear of it, but Ime and Baako were not so sure.

"Oh, Ada, please, don't tell her," Ime pleaded. "We love you so much, and we want you to be safe. Who knows what may happen if you tell her?"

Baako nodded in agreement. "We've already lost so much, and we don't want to lose you, too," he said solemnly.

Ada smiled sadly and shook her head. "I must tell her," she insisted. "I know I can make a difference as the Second Black Panther and make sure what you guys did to me won't happen to anyone else. I must do this for Wakanda, for our family, and for everyone who has parents like you."

Ime and Baako looked at each other, the worry in their eyes plain to see. They knew that Ada was strong and determined and that there was no arguing her out of this. Finally, they nodded, and Ime hugged her daughter again.

"We believe in you, Ada," she said. "We're proud of you for taking on this responsibility, and we will be right there with you, no matter what happens."

Baako nodded in agreement, and the two of them watched Ada go to the palace. Ada paused before entering, taking one last look at her parents before heading off to meet Queen Ramonda. She was relieved to finally see them again, and she was ready to tell the queen who the Second Black Panther was.

 She was relieved to finally see them again, and she was ready to tell the queen who the Second Black Panther was