FORTY FIVE

stay with me, ada

stay with me, ada...

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Everyone was back home from the long and tiring fight. Ada helped Shuri through the halls of the palace but started to feel pain shoot through her own body. She began to feel an overwhelming pain and weakness, but she tried her best to conceal it from Shuri, not wanting to worry her.

As they walked through the halls, Ada's condition deteriorated rapidly. Her breath became labored, and she could no longer hide her distress. Collapsing to the ground, she clutches her chest and side, realizing the severity of her injury. Shuri's concern escalated into panic as she rushed to Ada's side, holding her trembling hands.

Fear and desperation filled Ada's voice as she started talking to Shuri. "Shuri? W... What's wr—wrong?"
Shuri tried shushing her, not knowing what was even wrong. Tears welled up in Shuri's eyes, understanding the gravity of the situation. She couldn't bear the thought of losing Ada just days after her mother.

"Okoye!? Nakia!? M'Baku!?" she yelled in a frantic attempt to get help, hoping one of them would hear her and fetch immediate aid. Time felt like an eternity as they awaited assistance, and Shuri held Ada close, doing her very best to comfort her. In that tender moment, all that mattered was their love for each other.

Finally, the urgent call reached the ears of Okoye. She swiftly arrived on the scene, followed closely by M'Baku and Nakia. Seeing Ada's condition, Okiye acted swiftly, realizing the severity of the situation. The Wakanda medical team came rushing forward, trying carefully to pick Ada up on a stretcher. She yelled out in pain as she was lifted onto the stretcher and Shuri immediately got deja vu to when it happened to T'Challa. She rushed to her girlfriend's side as they started going to the infirmary room.

"Shuri," Ada managed to get out. "I love you." She needed to say it in case it would be the last time. She couldn't take any chances.

"Ada, I love you, too. You're gonna be okay. I promise."

They finally arrived at the infirmary and started taking her back into surgery. Shuri tried to go back with them, but the medical team stopped her from going back. She tried putting up a fight, but it was no use.

She just had to wait.

-

As Ada was rushed into surgery, Shuri's heart pounded in her chest, consumed by fear and panic. The weight of the situation crushed down upon her, and tears streamed down her cheeks as she paced anxiously outside the operating room. Her mind was filled with memories of their time together, and she couldn't bear the thought of losing Ada.

After what felt like an eternity, the surgeon finally emerged from the operating room, clad in scrubs stained with the evidence of the intense procedure. Shuri rushed towards the doctor, her voice trembling as she asked, "How is she? Is she going to be okay?"

The doctor's expression softened with empathy as they gently took Shuri's hand. "Ada's injuries were severe. The spear punctured critical arteries, and we did everything in our power to repair the damage. The surgery was successful, but she's in a coma now. We can't predict when she'll wake up."

The weight of those words crushed Shuri's heart. She clung to the hope that Ada would pull through, but the uncertainty was agonizing. Her emotions overflowed, and she collapsed into Okoye's arms, Nakia and M'Baku surrounding them with support.

Okoye, Nakia, and M'Baku, steadfast in their loyalty and love for Ada and Shuri, did their best to comfort her. Okoye's strong and reassuring presence, Nakia's compassionate words, and M'Baku's steady support provided a sense of strength amidst the chaos of emotions.

Shuri's tears flowed freely as she held onto her friends, the thought of losing Ada overwhelming her. The entire kingdom of Wakanda felt the weight of the situation, united in their concern for their beloved princess and her injured partner. Together, they waited for any sign of progress, praying for Ada's recovery and holding onto the hope that she would wake up and return to them.

 Together, they waited for any sign of progress, praying for Ada's recovery and holding onto the hope that she would wake up and return to them