FOURTY

panic

panic

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Ada was startled when she heard Riri start to panic. She looked back to Riri as Shuri tried calming her down.

"Oh, don't tell me to breathe," Riri snapped. "Where the hell are we?"

"We're in a cave. I'm not sure where," Shuri admitted.

"Oh, my God!" Riri breathed. "What is that?" she asked as she looked up.

"Glow worms," Ada spoke. "Their larva gives off light."

"Just calm down," Shuri tried again.

"Okay, is there, like, a new Black Panther that you can call to come get us?" Riri asked. Shuri quickly looked at Ada in her peripheral vision, seeing her tense up.

"No," Shuri said.
"Why not?"

"Because it doesn't work like that anymore," Ada finally said. "The Black Panther is gone."

As much as she hated to admit it, she didn't want to be the Black Panther anymore. Not after the last year she's had. She couldn't do it without T'Challa, as she learned about herself a few years ago, but it would be impossible for her to do now that he's gone.

"So y'all stopped having Black Panthers when I get kidnapped?" Riri said, taking Ada away from her thoughts.

Riri jumped as they all saw two women bring something over for Shuri.

"Do you understand her?" Riri asked after one woman finished talking.
"Not completely."

The woman held out the item for Shuri as she started taking it. Riri advised her against it almost immediately.
"That is some supervillain shit right there. That's in every movie. Princess Leia. Belle from Beauty and the Beast. That white chick in Indiana Jones."

"It's fine," Shuri told her, looking between Ada and Riri. "You should see what I have to wear at Warrior Falls."

Shuri took the item as the same woman had spoken again. Ada guessed she told Shuri to follow her, but Ada didn't like the idea.

"Wait," Ada said, grabbing onto her girlfriend's arm. "You're not leaving us here, are you?"

"I'm coming back," she tried to reassure her. "I'm coming back. Stay calm." Shuri could tell Ada was on the verge of having a panic attack, so she tried her best under the circumstances.