FOURTEEN

thanos

thanos

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

"Hear me and rejoice," a creature named Ebony Maw said. "You have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan. You may think this is suffering. No. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile. For even in death, you have become Children of Thanos."

The only people who were alive were Loki, Thor, and Heimdall. And Thanos the Black Order, of course.

"I know what it's like to lose," Thanos said. "To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless." Thanos picked up Thor. "It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. But I ask you, to what end? Dread it, run from it... destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say... I am."

"You talk too much," Thor managed to say.

"The Tesseract. Or your brother's head. I assume you have a preference," Thanos said to Loki, Thor's brother.

"Oh, I do," he looked up at Thanos. "Kill away."

Surprised, Thanos put the Power Stone to Thor's head, him screaming in pain.

"All right, stop!"

"We don't have the Tesseract. It was destroyed on Asgard."

Loki held his hand out, and there appeared the Tesseract.

"You really are the worst brother."
Loki stepped closer the Thanos, looking at his brother.

"I assure you, brother... the sun will shine on us again."

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian."

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another... we have a Hulk."

Hulk came out and started fighting Thanos, but Thanos turned out to be stronger than Hulk. Thor threw something at Thanos after he knocked Hulk out, but it didn't affect him at all. He tried again but ended up getting kicked by him. He then got trapped in armor.

"Allfathers..." Heimdall whispered to himself, "let the dark magic flow through me one last... time."

The magic picked up Hulk and he went back to earth.

"That was a mistake," Thanos said as he went over to Heimdall and killed him.

"No! You're going to die for that."
Ebony put a mouth cover over Thor's mouth and then shushed him.

"My humble personage... bows before your grandeur," he said, giving the Tesseract to Thanos. "No other being has ever had the might... may, the nobility... to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones."

Thanos took the Tesseract and crushed it to get the stone.
"The universe lies within your grasp."

He put the stone into his gauntlet, now having two Infinity Stones.

"There are two more stones on earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan."

"Father we will not fail you."

"If I might interject," Loki announced his pretense again. "If you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena."

"If you consider failure experience."

"I consider experience experience. Almighty Thanos. I, Loki, prince of Asgard... Odinson," he said as he looked at Thor. "The rightful king of Jotunhiem... god of mischief... do hereby pledge to you... my undying fidelity."

He tried to kill Thanos with his dagger, but he stopped him using the stone.

"Undying? You should choose your words more carefully."

He grabbed Loki's arm and made him drop his dagger. He picked him up by his neck, choking him.

"You... will never be... a god."

And Thanos killed him.

"No!" Thor said, muffled.

Thanos walked over to him and dropped Loki in front of him. "No resurrections this time." He used the Power Stone and set the place in flames. He took him and the Black Order out of there. Thor crawled over to his brother, saying a small, "Loki." And then the place blew up.

-

"Seriously, you don't have any money?" Doctor Stephen Strange said to Wong.

"Attachment to the material is detachment from the spiritual."

"I'll tell the guys at the deli. Maybe they'll make you a metaphysical ham on rye."

"Oh. Wait, wait, wait. I think I have two hundred."

"Dollars?"
"Rupees."

"Which is?"
"Uh, buck and a half?"

"What do you want."
"I wouldn't say no to a tuna melt."

Before they could leave, Hulk crashed down into the place. "Thanos is coming," he said, "he's coming."

"Who?"