TEN

jabari

jabari

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Ada followed Nakia sneakily through the palace to get to Okoye. She was standing in the throne room, looking out the window. Once Okoye saw them, she hugged them both.

"The Queen Mother and Shuri, they are safe?"

"Yes," Nakia responded immediately. "We should get to them immediately."

"Andinako. (I cannot.)"

"What?"

"Though my heart is with you," she pulled her hand away from Nakia's.

"We cannot turn over our nation to a man who showed up here only hours ago."

"He is of royal blood."

"He killed T'Challa!" Ada pointed out.

"In ritual combat."

"Does that really matter?!" Nakia raised her voice slightly. "You are the greatest warrior Wakanda has. Help me overthrow him before he becomes too strong."

"Overthrow? Nakia. I am not a spy who can come and go as they so choose! I am loyal to the throne, no matter who sits upon it. What are you loyal to?"

"I loved him. I loved my country, too."

"Then you serve your country."

"No. I save my country."

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

Nakia and Ada got Ross as well, knowing that he wouldn't want to stay there. They got back to Ramonda and Shuri, careful not to startle them.

They heard movement, so Ramonda pulled out her weapon.

"It's us," Nakia stated.

"Nakia, Ada. Who is this man," she asked as she saw Ross.

"He's a friend of T'Challa's. He saved my life."

"Where's Okoye?"

"Okoye is not coming," Ada spoke. "She and the Dora Milaje will serve the new king."

Ramonda put her weapon down as she trusted the girls.

"Wait here," Nakia stated as she left the four.