THIRTY EIGHT

attuma

attuma

᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃ ᠃ ⚘᠂ ⚘ ˚ ⚘ ᠂ ⚘ ᠃

The three Wakandans followed Riri to wherever she was taking them. She took them to a garage which, all of them didn't expect.

"What exactly is this place?" Okoye asked.

"I fixed a few trucks for the head of sanitation," Riri responded. "He lets me work out of this garage in exchange. I just have to grab my work laptop."

She guided them inside as all the lights turned on slowly.

"Please don't touch anything," she spoke.

"You don't have to worry about that," Okoye fired back.

"It may not look like much, but it's my life work in here."

Ada stood by a board, her mind swirling with uncertainties. For the last few seconds, she had been contemplating whether or it was a good idea to bring Riri to Wakanda. She was happy to be saving a life, however, Ada couldn't shake off the fear of the unknown, the uncertainties that came with going back home with a foreigner.

Lost in her thoughts, Ada barely noticed when Shuri approached next to her. Sensing Ada's unease, Shuri furrowed her brows and gently placed a hand on her girlfriend's shoulder. "Ada, I can see that something is bothering you," she said softly. "What's troubling your mind?"

Ada looked up at Shuri, her eyes filled with a mixture of anxiety and anticipation. "Shuri, I'm not sure if this the right decision," she confessed. "Taking Riri to Wakanda? Look over here," she pointed to a piece of paper with writing about the Black Panther. "These things written down, these notes that she has, are only things that the Black Panther knows. Only things that me and T'Challa should know. If she knows, a kid who's in college, then who else knows?"

Shuri smiled warmly, understanding Ada's concerns. "Ada, I completely understand your worries, but let me assure you that this is the right thing to do. She's a really smart kid. I don't know how she knows, but I doubt, highly doubt, that anyone else knows. We're her life, Ada. We're doing a good thing."

Ada's brow furrowed, her voice filled with doubt. "But what if she is telling other people things? What if she's a spy or something?"

Shuri shook her head gently. "Ada, we would know. This kid, Riri, she's doing amazing things. She is incredible. She built a vibranium detector in a couple of months. I don't know anyone else who can do that. I can't even do that. She's not a spy. We would know if she was one," she chuckled at the end. "And if she ends up, trying to hurt us, I'll save you. Ada, I love you. You know that right?"