I am his cousin

Someone is reading a book. Wait. The cover says SECRET. Yessss. I have got it. Out of excitement, i snatch the book. The guy looks me weirdly. Is he checking me out? Blonde hair- its Dried Squid Fairy. He is cute and handsome. Moreover I had read he cook well. Can a high school student date their canteen chef? I wonder. Its a comic, everything is possible.

Concentrate. Jugyeong you are not here to check out guys. But there was only one handsome boy in our school. This school is full of handsome guys. Its hard to control my heart. I need to look at the book. I go to the cast scene. This cast scene is almost same, except a new entry in the supporting characters list- Jugyeong. Its me. Nothing else is written. I had worked so hard for nothing.

"Do you have an ego too?" he asks.

"Yes. I know everything."

He laughs at my response. "This time you are the first one to recognize everything."

"This time?"

"Yes. Every time a comic book ends, their characters go to a deep sleep till they are drawn again. But our writer is a lazy head, she draws the same characters with same names doing similar scene so many times that we get our ego and can rule in the shadows as we wish."

"Hmmm"

He continues, "But after our book ended, so many fans have rewritten our book. Only I am the one with ego nowadays. The fanfic writers have more ideas than our writer", he laughs, "Lee Do Hwa is not left heartbroken always. Haru and Dan oh have a happily ever after. Baek Kyung gets someone interesting. All these happen in the new versions."

"What about Haru and Danoh? Isn't he Baek Kyung's loyal friend? What is he doing with Danoh?"

"You don't know? He is Dan oh's "

The scene changes. I am in my room. I so freaking hate the writer. I am yet to tell Dried Squid Fairy my identity. I hear noises downstairs. My brother is talking to a boy- he seems younger to me. Baek JoonHyun- the name bells a ring. Baek- he must be Kyung's brother, he had a step brother in the comic. But why is he here? My brother calls me downstairs.

I involuntary go downstairs. I don't know whats happening. I saw things I don't know. The stage finishes finally. I retire to bed. From all I could make out, Joonhyun was my aunt's son. Joonhyun is Kyung's step brother. Joonhyun's mother is Baek Kyung's step mother. I am her niece. I am Baek Kyung's step-cousin. Does that word exist? I don't care. I am Baek Kyung's cousin. Does he know that?

The next moment I am in the canteen, sitting with Joonhyun. Why are there heart emojis instead of his eyeballs. Teenagers☕

We are talking of some projects. Gosh when will this scene end? Where is Dried Squid Fairy? Shouldn't he be in the cafetoria? The scene finally ends. Seeing the boy's sincere eyes, I pat his head and tell him to take care before leaving.

There he is. The guy is checking out glass plates. Wow.

"I am not a comic character", I whisper.

"Even after getting your ego, you are unable to accept the truth. Don't worry. You will adjust to the truth soon." This guy does not believe him.

"NO. I am a human being. A real girl trapped inside this comic."

He starts laughing. Control Jugyeong. Calm down.

I continue, "I am not from the comic world. I am an actual girl. I was reading this comic."

"Are you high?" he is still giggling.

"The book has been written 4 years ago. The writer is dead now."

"Are you for real?" saying this, he pokes me in my cheek.

Then he suddenly hugs me and says, "Its so good that she is dead, I hated to be summoned in her book to do the same scenes."

A sudden moment of silence. "So what?"

I tell him the entire chain of events. Listening carefully, he replies, "No person has ever entered the comic world. Something is wrong. If you are not a character, what is going to happen here?"

I remember something.

"I had heard Gowoon saying that the author was so touched on seeing people's love for the 2nd leads that she was writing a next season. The new season would have only the main scenes of the previous book and it is supposed to be more romantic."

"What" he exclaims, "She dies before finishing the comic!"