The beginning of us

I went down to put the chicken on stove for a few minutes and then came back immediately to sponge his face, especially his forehead till he got conscious. When he woke up, I stuck a fever pad on his forehead and went down to the kitchen. I served the chicken soup and made some orange juice for him to replenish his body.

"Drinking excess fluid helps to bring down the fever", I told him.

"You could have called my brother to pick me up" he asked.

"My house, my wish. Now eat it" I demanded. He struggled to eat. I could make out his body was paining and he had no taste.

"You wait for a second" I told him and got back to the kitchen. Preparing the dumplings, I left them to be cooked on the stove and then again got back to him. He had just ate half while I had done so much work. I tried to strike a conversation with him meanwhile.

"What happened?"

"Nothing" he replied quickly. Man your face is saying you are lying.

"What did uncle say?"

He was teary eyed again.

"Did he ever love my mother? He gave his new wife her wedding dress. That woman altered it to her preferences too. She says she will wear it in my and Danoh's wedding. Danoh no longer loves me. I know it. I am actually happy. I don't have to struggling pushing her away. They want to use her. I loved her once but his greed made me give up my love long back." Saying all these, he hugged me. 

Is he sick or drunk? Does he not know what to do or not? Leave it he is broken. Its worse. Emotional instability. I get it.

"I asked him how could he give away all my mother's things to someone else. He slapped me, he is furious because Danoh is no longer crazy. Its funny, I feel he is actually crazy" he says sobbing.

"As soon as you complete your studies, you can get a job and then be financially stable. Then you can move out, and everything will be fine" I say reassuring him. 

He was still holding onto me like crazy. And then he had dozed off. I understood it when his complete weight was on me. Who falls asleep so fast? Did he faint again?

No. His temperature is okay now. He has started sweating.

I go down and see the dumplings are ready. I cut some fruits and go up again. Its dawn by now.

I wake him up and tell him to eat. After eating, he goes for a back while I take some of my brother's clothes and keep them ready for him to wear. 

"Where are you going?" I ask him, seeing me going towards the door.

"School. Shall you not go?"

"Nah. Come let me take you somewhere else."

We reach that cafe. 

"Why are we here?" he asks. Why the hell did he turn into a dumbass? 

"Free food" I reply. He looks confused. 

We grab the snacks from the counter and sit in the sofa. He changes the channel to some match. How considerate of him! I have no idea of football. I just know when there is a score.

Seeing me blank, he starts to explain it to me. With time, he tells me  the terms and then tells me how it is played.