Beneath the makeup

Seeing him broken, it hurts. I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks up with hope but seeing me, his expressions change to anger. 
"Why are you here? Shouldn't you be celebrating your aunt's marriage anniversary?" he growled. He surely hated me for being the niece of his stepmother. His anger is justified too. 

Putting the flowers on the gravestone, I sat beside him. He moved away his face and said, "You really don't have to act. Why are you here?"

"Everything is changing here. You will realise it soon. The stage is not longer being controlled."

He was staring at me. It feels as if he is looking into my soul. Suddenly he touched my forehead with his palm. Then he said, "You are not running a fever. Why are you saying such wierd things? Have you hit your head recently?" My flustered face changes its expressions to anger within a second.

This man is getting on my nerves. He thinks I am crazy. 

"Where is Dan oh?" I asked.

Giving his usual ignorant look, he responds, "Who cares?"

Well its time to show who I am now. "The boy who gives Danoh pink roses whenever she is in hospital, he who visits her everyday to check on her health. The bouquets with a note- ONLY YOU KNOW HOW I FEEL."

It seems his eyes would come out from his face. His only answer was- "Are you stalking me?"

He looked so innocent and helpless at that moment that I could even get angry. "I know it all. Now tell me why haven't you taken Dan oh to accompany you?"

"Her father has taken her to my father's anniversary. She might come here soon."

The noise of a high-speeding car interrupted our conversation. I looked at the gate. Danoh had arrived.

The scene has changed. I am still in front of the gate of the graveyard. Dan oh is hugging Baek Kyung. This means the drafts are yet to be ended. The stage is on. Wait where are my flowers? Thank God the money is still in my pocket. Buying some chips, I walked home.

The most important thing is left. I have been thinking of it a few days now but I never get a chance. I am in a comic, does this mean I am really pretty now? I am yet to check if I can wash my face whenever I want and move around make-up-free. Reaching home, I rushed to the bathroom.

I was wrong. I still look ugly beneath the makeup. The scars and spots are still there. I thought even if the comic world is fake, I am real. Only I know how much it hurts betraying my friends everyday. I go around having fun with Seojun the whole day, but even he does not know the truth. Only Suho knows but we don't talk much. Looking back now, I realise I have more memories with Seojun. I was jealous of Suho and Soojin's intimacy before but now I feel they are actually good together. When I get back, I and Seojun would set them up.