Free by the sea

By the end of the match, I guess I have become an expert in football. Seems like when I go back, I can become the commentator of the FIFA. Proud moment... The match finally ended. It was a good game. Well its the first match I understood, I don't know how to judge yet. 

We are back on the jeep. I realize he has been staring at me since the match ended. At last he breaks the silence, "Why are you so nice to me? "

Emmm. I have second lead syndrome badly. I can't say that. "Because we are classmates." That the best excuse I can make.

He is once again staring at me. I feel his eyes are piercing into my soul. 

"What do you want?"

"What" I end up shouting.

"What are you upto? Just tell me your motive."

 Me? me? Never be good to a jerk. Lesson learnt. I open the door and step out of the car. 

I look back at him once again and say it out loud "CRAZY Man".

I had gone for a distance when I hear fast footstep behind me. I turn back only to see the crazy man is back. I look front and start walking faster.

He shouts out "Stop". What to do? Shall I run? Before I can think of anything, he had reaching me, running with those long long legs. He forwarded me a packet of chips and a popsicle.

Shouldn't it be melting? Comic world☕

Let me put on some attitude now.

"What? You want to know my motive? I want nothing. N-O-T-H-I-N-G"

"I did not mean it wrong" he says softly. Suddenly his voice sounds so  gentle. I better keep moving. My heartbeat is increasing.

Seeing me step away, he holds his right hand and explains it further, "I did not want you to be used by my step-mother." His eyes hold sincerity. Ok fine, I am not angry anymore.

"Give me my popsicle"

He gives it to me. Wait did he just smile? I will tease him the day he smiles fully. 

I go back to the car. We are on a long drive now, wandering through the empty roads around my houses, munching down the chips. He has problem to eat while driving. I take the wafer till his mouth. He is looking at me from the corner of his eye. Why isn't he eating it?

"I was trying to help you so that you can concentrate on driving" I reason.

"The road is empty."

"You might hit a tree." Thats the silliest excuse I had ever made. However I continue, "I am concerned about my safety."

Its silence once again. But I silence I like. His eyes are on the road. I can look at him peacefully. He seems relaxed now. I volt. The car has stopped. We are at the beach. The beach was there in the previous version too where he had thrown away Danoh's stone into the sea and she nearly drowned, reviving it. This scene did not happen this time but the location is still there. Beaches are good till the tan on skin sets in. Its a relief I won't get a tan here. 

"Its my favourite spot" he says. 

"Nice choice."

We sit on the beach chair. The waves were coming and going. Once in a while high tides used to come and wash the sand beneath our chairs.

"Would you speak to me if I had been ugly?" I ask him.

Seems like he did not get it. I repeat it once again, "Would you have roamed around with me and be with me sitting here if I had a face full if scars and rashes?"

"You are a warm person. I could have never denied your approach" he says. It feels good to hear that. I don't care if its real or not.

I step down the chair and write on the sand I AM HAPPY. He had followed my path, even he wrote something- I AM RELAXED. 

"How does it feel to be free from your inner demons?"

He laughs at my words. Initially I giggle and then join his laughter.