Back to the stage

How did I come here?

I try to move my body but I can't. It feels like I am being controlled. My body feels heavy. My vision is getting clearer now.

Lee Do Hwa is sitting on his knees in front of me. He is holding a bouquet of roses. Why the fuck am I smiling? Are there tears in my eyes? He is looking at me with so much love. Where is Juda? See your bf is staring at me.

I can finally see Juda with the corner of my eye. Wait- why the hell is she holding Namjoo's hand? I spot Haru, Saemi and the other classmates too. They are cheering at us.

"Will you be my life partner?" he says.

My lips are moving on its own and they say "Yes", my hands are also moving involuntary and they take the flowers from him, I hug them and smell them. Gosh whats wrong with me? I don't like the smell of roses. Party poppers are burst from the sides and there is a rain of flowers. Frankly speaking, its something so normal in a comic world. We walk down the stage holding hands. Dan Oh and Baek Kyung are walking towards us. Here are my friends.

Dan Oh's hand is on Baek Kyung's arm. Even they are bounded by script. From where the hell did we get into a scene out of nowhere? Dan Oh comes and hugs me while Baek Kyung congratulates Do Hwa.

Its dark once again. I feel free once again. Thank God. I turn my head and see Baek Kyung's father on the stage, the spotlight is on him. Dan Oh looks at me. Her eyes have the same questioning look as me. It means even she is in the shadows now. I look for Lee Do Hwa but he is no longer beside me. My eyes scan throughout the hall to see Namjoo and Saemi in the food area, Do Hwa and Juda are hugging each other. Awww, and Haru is coming towards us. Dan Oh whispers into my ears, "Its Baek Kyung's birthday party."

I look at Kyung. He looks frozen, like a statue. His eyes fixed on the stage.

Uncle announces, "You all would be happy to know my son Baek Kyung has got admission in one of the top-most colleges of Canada- The Arena of Technology and he will be moving out tomorrow." Claps fill the air.

So its this scene going on. Something is amiss. Juda is all cool, as if she remembers nothing about Do Hwa proposing me. As it nobody remembers what happened minutes ago. I need to confirm it.

-----------------------------------------------

Damn the scene has changed again. Where am I? It looks like an airport.

I look forward. Baek Kyung is holding his suitcase. His brother is hugging him. Dan Oh is crying at the side. I want to cry too. But my face is still. Wonderful. Lee Do Hwa and Namjoo are saying something to him.

There is some announcement going on. i can't even hear it properly. I so badly want to hug him and tell him I don't want him to go. But he did not even look at me once. It hurts.

Dan Oh and his brother go with him while Lee Do Hwa comes back to me. We hold each other's hands and leave the airport walking. I hate you so much Miss. writer. As soon as we step out,--

I realise I am free. Lee Do Hwa has also left my hand. I run back to the airport. Its all empty. Is he gone? Tears fall down my eyes.

A pair of hands come and hold my waist. I can feel someone's warm touch on my back. I lift my face and see his face. Thank God he is not gone.

It feels good.

I put my hands on his hands to enjoy the leisure. Our hearts beat in sync. His face is on my head, I can feel his breath. His grip on me tightens and I hear his voice, "Don't you dare leave me."

"I won't", I say.