⛓️ .Chapter I. ⛓️

It sees us. Tomioka tried to control his breathing, trying to make them slow, and quiet. He fought the urge to sob as he held Obanai, injured and bleeding. Kaburamaru slithered up to Tomiokas neck. Hissing gently. I can't do this. Tomioka thought at first, then, he screwed up his face, placed Obanai on the ground gently and took his haori off and started to wrap it around gently on Obanai's waist.

"Hng.." Obanai groaned painfully "everything hurts.." Obanai said, shutting his eyes harder painfully. "Every thing will be ok.." Tomioka said quietly, hoping it was true. He cautiously lifted Obanai from the ground and onto his arms. As Tomioka was able to stand up quietly. The tree at his far left was smashed onto the ground, tiny bits and splinters of wood flew everywhere.

Tomioka immediately looked and saw the other uppermoon smashing the trees, one, by one. He craned his next carefully behind the tree he was hiding and saw no escape, one of the uppermoons was scanning the area, as there were only a few trees in the area except the area Tomioka was hiding at, gave him no cover to flee and run. His thoughts were disturbed as crashing, cracking and breaking of the trees came closer.

Think Tomioka, THINK! He shut his eyes tight, and as he opened them again, he barely managed to dodge the downward swing of it's claws.

---------------------

"Tsun, Tsun! Tsun, Tsun!" Kocho poked Tomioka repeatedly. After a few more rounds of poke and giggles, Tomioka finally spoke "What are you doing, Kocho?" "Ehe, you finally talked! Tomioka-san, it's also a way how to make friends!" Kocho beamed happily, "Tsun, Tsun! Like that!"

"Tsun...Tsun..?" Tomioka replied, not entirely sure what Kocho was even talking about. "I'm telling you this because...you're lonely! And, you need some friends, you don't have any!" Kocho smiled. "I DO have friends..." Tomioka said quietly, looking away "Ehhh? Reallyyy Tomioka-san?" Kocho said, making each word longer than it should be "Can I meet them someday then?" Kocho said, putting both her arms behind her back and a little jumpy. Tomioka stayed silent. "Ehh? Already tired of talking eh? Tomioka-san?" Kocho continued to tease Tomioka for a few more minutes until they heared something.

"Caw! Caw!" A kasugai crow screamed. "Master Ubuyashiki has announced a meeting at the Ubuyashiki Mansion! Please, ALL HASHIRAS attend the meeting! And also, please, remind Tokito Muichiro, the Mist hashira, that there is a meeting, he keeps forgetting most of it! Thank you, and again, PLEASE MEET UP FOR THE MEETING AT THE UBUYASHIKI MANSION!" The kasugai crow yelled before it flew off into the distance "Ara-ara, a meeting, well then, let's not waste any more time, and let's go already, Tomioka-san!" Kocho exclaimed, taking off to take the lead as Tomioka stayed back.

ו°~At the Ubuyashiki Mansion~°•×

"Finally, took you long enough." Shinazugawa said to Tomioka, who just came in, slow. "Ara-ara, let's not be too rude Shinazugawa-san" Kocho smiled "Oh, you're siding with that friend-less guy?" Obanai looked up from the ground and glared at Kocho "Ehhh!? That's so rude Iguro-sama!" Mitsuri squealed behind him "Gomenasai... Kanjori-san.." Obanai said and looked back at the ground shyly. Tomioka and Kocho went to join the others on the ground, and then they both sat. "I'm here." Tokito said, coming in with Himejima.

As they all sat, their master, Ubuyashiki came and they all kneeled before him. "Hello, my dear hashiras." Ubuyashiki said. "I have heared that all of you have been working hard, and I've heared that demons haven't been out terrorizing our villages," Ubuyashiki continued. "So, I will give you all your deserved breaks, using this time, you can either relax, monitor the villages, or train if demons do come back out, any questions?" Ubuyashiki finished "no, master Ubuyashiki." All of them said. "Well, then, you all are dismissed." Ubuyashiki finished, and he walked away with the two little girls on his sides.

All the hashiras stood up to leave, Kanroji went with Kyojuro to the nearest restaurant, while Tokito went with Himejima to the nearby river while the others stayed behind. "I'm gonna go...somewhere to...do some stuff...." Tomioka said, leaving long gaps of silence in his sentence. "Why don't you stay and talk to us for you to actually have some friends here?" Obanai said sternly, Tomioka replied with silence. "Ara-ara, it's not good to ignore people you know, Tomioka-san?" Kocho stood on her toes to whisper on Tomioka's ear.

[She still couldn't reach him] *correction.

Obanai felt a rising anger in the pit of his stomach at the sight of the two of them, so close to each other, though, he didn't know why, so, he ignored it. "Why don't you just talk!?" Shinazugawa snapped "I said, I have to do something, somewhere....alone." He walked away, pushing Kocho over and Shinazugawa catched her before she fell to the ground. The three hashiras who Tomioka left stood in shock, Tomioka actually sounded pissed off for the very first time since they met him.

---A few minutes later.---

"Ara-ara, dont you guys also think Tomioka-san has been very distant lately?" Kocho asked, while she sat down with the others near the lake. "Hasn't he always been?" Obanai snapped at Kocho, Shinazugawa glared at Obanai (Shinazugawa and Kocho has a sibling relationship) "Sorry." Obanai said after "It's fine! Obanai-sama!" Kocho smiled happily "Well...do you guys want to find out what Tomioka-san has been doing these days?" Kocho smirked "Sure? Why the hell not? At least we would know why he's so distant towards everyone" Obanai said "or maybe get to know him so we could...no! Snap out of this Obanai!" He thought to himself "maybe someone could watch him while we are still on a break?" Kocho suggested.

"I'd like to, but I'm afraid I'm gonna be busy at the butterfly estate..." Kocho said "I would NOT, I don't even  want to even be in HIS presence, so NO." Shinazugawa yelled. Then they both looked at Obanai "What?" Obanai looked at them searchingly "How about you go watch Tomioka-san?" Kocho suggested, while smiling at him "WHAT!? NO!" Obanai snapped.

"Well, you're the one that literally has NOTHING to do" Shinazugawa said "I-" "Taking care of kaburamaru isn't an excuse." Shinazugawa cut him off before he even started saying anything. "....Fine, but only because I have nothing else interesting to do" Obanai said after a few minutes "Great!" Kocho beamed happily.

"Well, since it's currently 5:00am right now, maybe you should start at 6:00am or 7:00am today?" Kocho suggested to Obanai "....I guess if I go early I can leave early...I'll go at 6:00am." Obanai replied to Kocho "Great! Now, I'll have to go to the butterfly mansion, I'll have to train Kanao-san" Kocho said standing up "See you guys later!" Kocho said as she jumped and flew off into the distance "I'm going too, see you later, I guess." Shinazugawa said while standing up. Obanai stayed near the lake for a few minutes. Then later on he sighed.

"What now?"

To be continued...

Ignore the lil spoiler at the start...or don't..