⛓️ .Chapter II. ⛓️

Obanai finished his breakfast..unusually fast...possibly faster than he normally ate, quite odd, right? Obanai wonders why, is it because he wants to watch Tomioka early and get it done fast so he can leave early, or...is it because of something else..? Well... It's your job to find out, not mine!

5:15am

"5:15am..that's like a new record on eating for me..." Obanai thought. He stood up and started cleaning up his breakfast until...Crack.

Obanai whirled around, startled, dashing to grab his nirichin blade, ready to face whatever was lurking in the shadows. "Ara-ara, I'm terribly sorry for startling you, Obanai-san.." Kocho smiled apologetically, then went and started walking to Obanai as he regained his posture "You're stalling." Kocho glared at him.

"No, I'm not." Obanai snapped and turned around back to his mess "I'm just cleaning up" "You are stalling, we need to know why Tomioka-san has been very distant, more distant than normal! You're moving quite slow.." Kocho said walking up to stand beside him "Need help?" Kocho suggested "No, I don-" before Obanai even finished his sentence, Kocho was already helping him clean up.

"You can't make any more excuses on being slow, it's already 5:20am, you'll have to watch him at 6:00am, you don't have much time" Kocho said while helping him clean up "I do, I have like...40 minutes left!" Obanai said.

They continued helping each other clean the mess  "Well, now that's cleaned I'll be heading off now, if I catch you not watching him....well let's just see" Kocho said, waving off towards Obanai while walking away.

5:30am

Obanai took this time to take care of kaburamaru, first, he gave him a bath, then fed him, then, they took a quick nap together. After a few minutes of them sleeping, Obanai jolted awake. "What time is it!?" He looked around his room and found the grandfather clock. "5:50..." He thought with a rising panic, then he went and got ready.

"Why'd I even agree to do this, I don't even like Tomioka! I don't want to be with him, talk to him, be in his presence, let alone watch him for the rest of the break when I can do something better!" Obanai thought to himself angrily. He then proceeded to let his anger out on something and kicked a tree, but, since he really wasn't paying attention to his surroundings, he slipped after he kicked it and almost fell, until-

(yes I know it used to say he isn't as flexible as Kanroji, but now it's changed, thank you for the person who corrected me!)

"Ow!" Obanai yelped as he almost fell on the ground until someone caught him, he was about to thank the stranger that caught him until he saw who it was- "You almost fell." -it was Tomioka. Tomioka said it with a calm certainty, his face expressionless as ever. Someone like Obanai dreamed o- no- shake it out of your mind, Obanai. He won't like you back even if you do like him, the both of you are much too different. Plus, your not gay...right..?

Obanai went and stood instantly, shaking himself as if Tomioka somehow contaminated him. "You alright?" Tomioka said, almost sounding concerned for him. "Yes, i'm fine, I didn't need your help anyways, I could've helped myself." Crossing his arms and turning to look away from Tomioka.

"You could have been hurt, I saw what you we're doing, it was reckless, careless even." Tomioka said, actually sounding concerned. "Well wow, you actually sound concerned right now, AND, this has been the most you've talked, what's up with you right now? Why don't you be like this everytime?" Obanai said, turning back around to face Tomioka, only to find himself in the stare of a very pissed off Tomioka, but he said nothing, and walked away back from wherever he came from "not even a thank you." Tomioka murmured quietly.

Obanai immediately regretted his words, he genuinely looked pissed off. Tomioka also made quite some correct points there. Obanai stood there, his thoughts circling in his mind, until, Kaburamaru hissed gently at him, reminding him of his task. "right!" Obanai hit his head, lecturing himself quietly in his head as he jumped repeatedly from the ground to the trees quietly, attempting to find where Tomioka has headed.

"Found ya." He whispered as he stalked on him while crouching on one of the trees branches, hidden by the green, luscious leaves of the tree he's on. "Let's see what someone like Tomioka is doing these days," Obanai thought, sitting back to lean against the trunk of the tree, while also balancing himself on the little branch he's on.

Obanai watched as Tomioka kneeled down on the grass picked up quite alot of flowers then finally stood up and started walking away towards the water estate, which was quite big for someone like Tomioka who's always alone to be living in "wonder who those are for, probably a stupid crush or something." Obanai thought and chuckled, but something like jealousy rose from the pit of his stomach, but he ignored the feeling.

He dropped down silently on the grass and ran after Tomioka stealthily as Tomioka entered the door to his estate. "Now how am I supposed to get inside here without being noticed..." Obanai thought as he stared blankly at the door to enter the water estate, then, he heared the back door opening "bingo." Obanai thought as he climbed back to the trees to get the view of the back of the estate without being noticed.

As he got nearer the backyard, he heared some distant laughing, too cheery to be Tomiokas own laugh, Obanai wasn't even sure if Tomioka was capable of having emotions great enough to see or hear him even laugh or smile, or even make any other emotion other than anger. Obanai got a little closer to the backyard and saw other people with Tomioka. Though, Tomioka was the only one in his veiw, if he moved more to see the others, he'd be immediately caught, so he stayed there. He craned his neck, but he really can't see the others, only the blur of movement as someone gestured.

"Here, I made this for you guys." Tomioka said to whoever he was talking to, heck- Obanai didn't even know how many people he was talking to. Tomioka produced a flower crown from his back, put one on his head and gave- how many? -five more flower crowns to the people he's been talking to. Tomioka did some other stuff that Obanai took note of in his head.

"This is getting boring, I have a few more minutes though, before sunset." Obanai thought as he yawned under his mask. As sunset reached and all of them went back inside the estate. Obanai leaped off from the tree into the grass and ran back to where his estate was. He had alot of stories to tell.

To be continued...

Happy early Christmas everyone! I will be trying to make each chapter longer so it will not be crammed like the first fanfic, which has 20+ eps because I ran out of time/motivation on most of those, I'll be trying to make them 1k+ words each. As I will be adding more and more parts of the story, I also take a while to make these, so...please don't pressure me, I've experienced people pressuring me on doing other stuff. Thank you for understanding me. -The author :).