⛓️ .Chapter XVII. ⛓️

I have almost completely forgotten about this, mainly because my life has changed ever since I got into a new country and school, I got my performance on this week saturday and swimming training now! But this isn't a sneak peak into my life, it's about the continuation of the old chapters! Let's a' go! I also got a new writing style >:]

★     ★     ★

"Let's dance."

Both Giyuu and Shinobu were nearly panting as the fight reared to an end. Despite being only lowermoon 5, it's unexpected attacks really caught them off guard. As they combined their attacks together, the demon struggled more and more with upcoming attacks.

And at last, Giyuu was able to decapitate the demon, it felt like hours when they did the fight, but it only could've been...what? 10 minutes? 20? Who knows? As the demon begins to disintegrate, it let out cursed towards the two hashiras.

"Curse you! If it wasn't for you, I would've become stronger! Curse you! Curse you!" It repeated over, and over again. They watched the demon disintegrate until there was no more than it's remaining clothing. Hopefully, that person was in the afterlife, or in hell.

"Let's go." Giyuu started, "It can't be just lower 5 in this forest. There must be more demons or high kizukis." He continued, as he was making a move to walk, Shinobu stopped him, grabbing his sleeve. Turning his head around to look at her, he asked: "What, Kocho?" Shinobu simply smiled at him. "So today's the day you finally decided to talk to me! My my, this must be a special day, is it?"

As she babbled on, Giyuu remembered what happened this morning. Was it this morning? It felt like it happened ages ago. His first ever kiss, was stolen by Iguro Obanai, the serpent hashira, the man who he thought hated him. It seems like their hate for both of them seemed to turn around. So..it maybe is a special day!

Shinobu stopped talking, seeing as Giyuu seemed to be spaced out again, she started poking him. "Earth to Tomioka-san! Are you in there Tomioka-san?" She said, going around him to ask the questions like a curious little toddler.

Giyuu shook out of his thoughts, shaking his head to get rid of them. He promised himself he'd think about the moment later, when they were safe and not in a mission. Well, maybe when they're not in a mission, the past few years, Giyuu has never felt safe, well...maybe not until now...

"Let's go." Giyuu said again, completely ignoring Shinobus questions, but she just smiled and just followed him.

★        ★        ★

[Despite being a ObaGiyuu story, I wanna add a slight Obamitsu scene, so here you go!!!]

"Kyaaaa!" Mitsuri squealed, using her bendable sword to get the demons blood art away. Obanai fought by her side, protecting her from any attacks. There was quite a lot of demons in this area, but they were easy to kill nonetheless. "Kanroji-san! Above you!" Obanai said, he couldn't take the attack for her, as he was handling a demon himself. Mitsuri was just able to dodge it and slice the demons head, she sighed in relief, but realized, that the fight wasn't over yet.

Her side of demons are gone, because she had less, so she'd decided to help Obanai, because that's what friends do! Right? Help each other out? She watched him do breathing after breathing, she looked at him admiringly, her cheeks tinting red for a moment. "Kyaa..! Iguro-sama is so strong and admirable!" She thought to herself.

But then she shook those thoughts away and leaped to kill the demon that Obanai hadn't realized had been creeping up on him. "Thank you, Kanroji-san!" He said, slicing a demons neck in the process.

"Your completely welcome!" She replied back with a smile [I wear a mask with a smile for hours at a time/j]

★.    ★.     ★.

As they ran through the forest, Kocho continued babbling on. "Tomioka-san! Won't you tell me if it's a special day or not?" She asked, that carefree smile plastered on her face. Tomioka kept silent, just focused simply on his task. Why won't Kocho stop talking? He hated it, but he also was grateful to have her comfort. Should he reply or should he not? Well, it would feel nice to talk to someone, but he also didn't want to at the same time.

Goodness, he sucks at decision making, doesn't he? He still didn't know if he should reply or not, but after a few minutes of them scouting and scurrying along the forest, trying to find demons to fight or kill instantly, he just decided to keep silent. He would NOT tell anyone about what happened this morning, and he certainly wouldn't tell Kocho about it. Who knows? She might tell everyone, and they might look down upon them.

Everything was going smoothly, until a crash sounded not too far away...

To be continued...