⛓️ .Chapter XVIII. ⛓️

Giyuu walked back and forth Infront of the serpent estate, waiting for the man who had given him a surprise the previous morning.

Where was he?

Why did he do it?

Was it out of pity?

All these thoughts filled his mind, and it gave a sickening feeling in the put of his stomach.

He gnawed at his fingers in distress, only looking at his walking feet as he walked back and forth.

"What are you doing here?" Asked a familiar voice.

Giyuus head shot up, only to find Shinobu looking up at him with curious eyes, a small smile on her lips and her head cocked to the side.

"Eh-?" Giyuu said, looking to the side as if there was another of him. "Oh. Hello, Kocho." He said in his usual, cold demeanor. "What are you doing here, Tomioka-san?" She asked again, seeming rather curious.

"I was looking for Obanai. He did something yesterday morning and I...wanted to talk to him about it." Giyuu said plainly, not wanting to elaborate further.

"Ah..I see, well.." Kocho trailed on, looking behind her for a moment, then looked back up at Giyuu. "You see, Iguro-san has asked me to find you about something you guys did," Kocho said with suspicion, letting the silence trail between the two friends.

"Are the both of you dating?" She asked suddenly.
"What-?! No! I mean- no..." Giyuu said in a rush. Damn it. How did he soften up so much?
"Are you sure, Tomioka-san? You two seem rather close.." Kocho said with a smirk. "Do not fret, my dear friend! I won't let a word slip out of my mouth!" She put a finger over her own lips.

"But we're not-" Giyuu started, but Shinobu shushed him.
"I can tell that both of you are crushing on each other." She said, a gentle smile on her mouth."It's better to let it out, tell him! Even if you get rejected, it's way better than hiding it and regret not knowing the truth," Shinobu said.

'She really is a book of wisdom..' Giyuu thought in his head. She seems to know everything. Like she knows how to solve any problem at hand.

But why was she telling him all this?

Was it out of pity?

Shinobu put a hand on his arm, because of her height, then he realized he was crying.

Wait, crying?

He hadn't cried for so long, and crying now it felt like the weight had been lifted off of his shoulders.

Giyuu fell to his knees, his eyes on the ground, and the only other view from the ground and his knees were Shinobus tiny feet, then her knees as she knelt down in front of him.

"There, there, Tomioka-san.." she said, her voice soft and comforting, but Giyuu could tell the slightest hint of shock and surprise in her voice.

She'd never seen him cry or express any other expression except being moody.

She put both her hands on his arms, her gentle smile turning into a confused and concerned frown.

"Don't worry, Tomioka-san. I care about you."

To be continued...

Running out of ideas smh...

I'm so sorry for making this chapter so short..

I've been writing a book irl and been focusing on it and my drawings, so I apologize! I've also re-read this fanfic and saw many mistakes, so I plan to may or may not edit it!

Thank you for waiting everyone! I sincerely apologize for the delays of chapters, I promise, I'll try harder next! >:]