⛓️ .Chapter XV. ⛓️

[No one's POV]

The two walked together, holding hands towards the Ubuyashiki mansion, and after a few minutes of walking in silence, they finally reached it. It seemed like they we're the last ones to get there. Kocho and Kanjori we're talking to each other. Uzui telling stories to Kyojuro and Shinazugawa, and Gyomei and Tokitou being quiet, as usual. Kocho and Kanjori we're the first to notice them.

"Ah, Tomioka-sa-" Kocho said, but she was cut off. As soon as she said his name, everyone turned to look at the two, eyes widened. Tomioka raised one eyebrow, confused on why everyone was looking at them.

Iguro also raised his eyebrow, but something clicked inside the two of them. They both looked down to find themselves still holding hands. They both startled and jumped slightly away from each other, letting go of each other's hands and blushing a deep red. They both got their conscious together and stood still in silence as the hashiras stared back, returning the silence.

(Well, Gyomei is blind so- he just stands in confusion)

Kocho was the first one to break the silence. She giggled, and Kanjori blushed and turned away at the sound of her laughter. "Ara Ara~ Iguro-san and Tomioka-san, what was all that commotion we all saw?" Kocho said, smirking. Tomioka coughed. "That was nothing..." He muttered silently, looking away and hiding his face, he was sure it was as red as a tomato. Iguro chuckled, then shrugged "How bout' we forget that happened...?" He said sheepishly.

Kocho raised an eyebrow, still smirking, then nodded and turned away. She grabbed Kanjoris hand which made her startle. "Come on, Kanjori-san, let's go wait for master!" She said walking with Kanjori.

A few minutes passed until their master came out with two of his daughters. "Hello, my children." He said and all the hashiras bowed down. "Hello, master" all of them said at the same time. "So, all of you must know that your break would be over today, demons have been found migrating everywhere. Meaning you would be assigned with missions today." Master Ubuyashiki said, and all the hashiras nodded in unison.

"I will assign some people with each other, starting with Tomioka Giyuu." Their master said and both Tomioka and Iguro startled, their hearts skipping a beat. Both of them tilted their head just enough for them to look at each other for a brief moment. "Dear Tomioka, I see that you work well with Kocho, so I must assign you two together." The two nodded.

Kocho seemed disappointed that they we're assigned together. Master Ubuyashiki assigned the others together. Shinazugawa working alone, Himejima and Kyojuro together, Tengen and Tokitou and lastly.... Kanjori and Iguro. Tomioka didn't want to admit it but he was kind of jealous.

After a few minutes of silence, Master Ubuyashiki finally talked. "You all may be dismissed." He said. "Yes, master Ubuyashiki." All the hashiras said in unison once more.

Everyone stood and hurried to get their important items from their estate before they left to do their missions. Tomioka didn't have to, he had nothing else that is important to take with him. Apparently that was the same with Iguro.

Tomioka scurried away, wanting to get out of this place once more, his walks turned brisk, then it turned into running, but as he was running he felt his sleeve get tugged from behind him, making him trip and fall hard on his back, taking the wind out of him. He coughed and sputtered, taking gasping breaths. Did he really land that hard?

"Sorry! I didn't mean for you to trip!" Someone said as his shoulders we're lifted and made him to stand upright. He turned around to see who it was.

It was Iguro Obanai.

"Uhm...hi..." Tomioka said awkwardly, his face turning a slight red. "Uh..hey...Tomioka.." Iguro said, as he looked around nervously. "I uh...wanted to say thanks for the uh...flowers you gave to me lately!" He said nervously, still looking around. "Oh uh, it's nothing, your welcome anyways." Tomioka said, shaking his head as to calm himself down.

He turned to walk away once more, but Iguro tugged his sleeve once more, making him stop in his tracks. "I'm not finished." Iguro said sternly, Tomioka had to admit, it was pretty adorable whenever Iguro is slightly grumpy. He didn't shake the fact that he liked Iguro now. "Can you bend down!? I can't reach you..." Iguro said and Tomioka smiled slightly, then bent over so his face and Iguros face we're leveled with each other.

"What else do you need?" Tomioka asked uncertainty, and Iguro looked around for the last time. "I don't need anything else.." He said, taking his bandages off his face cautiously. "All I need is.." he said, taking a step closer to Tomioka as he raised his eyebrow slightly.

"Really? What else do you need?" He tried to play it cool as the distance between the two of them we're only inches. Tomioka could feel Iguros breaths on his face.

"I need.."

"You..."

Before Tomioka could react nor respond,  Iguro took both his hands and put them on Tomioka's face, before pulling him into a warm, delicate kiss.

Tomioka's eyes widened, his face turning red immediately. After a few seconds, the two practically melted into the kiss, both of them having closed eyes, both of their hands on each other's faces.

It felt like hours but all of a sudden, it was over, it had been only the matter of seconds. The two stared at each other's eyes for a minute in silence, then, Tomioka squealed and hid his face in his hands.

Iguro pulled his mask back on, his face redder than normal. The both of them stood still avoiding eye contact but still fully aware of what they just did.

"Well ..I'm pretty sure we have to go with our partners for our missions, see you.."

And with that, the two split paths once more.

To be continued...