⛓️ .Chapter XIII. ⛓️

Obanai sighed and put his chin in his palms, he leaned back and put his knees up his chin. He looked up at the ceiling, wondering what he should do. After Kanjori told him she liked Kocho, he felt a little heartbroken, he truly liked her for a long time and still likes her now, but, he has to support her because she's his friend, and whatever makes her happy, makes him happy. Wait, is he feeling sorry for himself for having his crush taken away by his closest friend? Yep, he was definitely feeling sorry for himself. He stood up and looked at the clock, 3:46pm, great. He just has enough time to take a quick walk around the block. Obanai went to his front door and opened it, smelling the fresh air outside, he stepped out.

// Woo, woo, Tomioka POV time no way!? \\

Tomioka sighed and rolled around on his bed, his front facing the mattress. He groaned as he looked at his pillow. His face heated up even more that before and he stuffed his face in his pillow. "Why can't I stop thinking...about.. him!?" He thought to himself. "It's bad enough that I'm thinking of a man, but...him? Iguro Obanai? The guy that has tormented me for my attitude and looks ever since I became a hashira?" Tomioka sighed and rolled over, his face facing the ceiling, he sighed. "Maybe a brisk walk around the area would make my head clear, that's what nee-san always told me, doing things I enjoyed would make my head clear, and I like talking brisk walks" Tomioka stood up and went to the front door.

He opened the door and stepped outside. He could hear the birds chirping and feel the fresh wind blowing across his face and hair. He stood there for a minute, relishing the moment but refraining from smiling "I don't deserve to smile after all that happened" He sighed once more and closed the door behind him. He started to walk, listening to the sounds of singing birds, the rustle of wind, and the sound of leaves crunching and twigs snapping under his feet. He looked up and saw a crow fly pass.

He started to briskly walk around, closing his eyes, trusting his senses to guide him around. "Oof!" Someone said as they bumped against him. He stumbled and quickly regained his balance. He opened his eyes and looked down, surprised to see that Iguro Obanai was right Infront of him. He was stroking his head, his eyes closed.

"Iam so sorry!" He said frantically standing up and started to bow again and again. "I wasn't looking at where I was going..." He said while he stopped bowing and scratched the back of his neck, his eyes still closed. Finally, he opened them. His eyes widened at the sight of him, Tomioka in front of him. "Wh- what are you doing here!?" He took a step back instinctively, but I just stood there. Blinking with no expression. But I could tell my face was heating up and I was screaming inside.

I quickly shook my head. "Nothing, I was just taking a quick brisk walk, I, too wasn't looking" I say as my face started to cool down again. "Oh." He said. "I was talking a quick brisk walk too...do you mind walking around with me?" He asked shyly, looking down at the dry grass. I blushed again, startled. "He wants to walk with me? Me? Out of everyone?" I thought nervously. I coughed loudly. "Uhm...yes...yes..yes, I'd be glad to." I say, and his head jerked back up to look at me, his eyes wide and, I could've sworn I saw a trickle of excitement in his eyes.

He grabbed both of my hands. I blushed like crazy, it was kinda embarrassing. Obanai's eyes widened and his whole face turned red as well and he let go of my hands. "Uh- well- uh...let's go then!" He said, sprinting to take the lead.

A few hours has passed and the sun began to set. The two of them have been walking for a while but Tomioka didn't feel any exhaustion, he was enjoying this time with him. He hasn't been talking, only listening to the stories and jokes Obanai went on with. He suddenly stopped walking, and Tomioka almost bumped into him. "What's wrong?" I asked. "Why'd you stop?" He looked at the ground and finally turned around, he was scratching the back of his neck, avoiding eye contact and seems to be blushing? Oh well.

"Uh, well...maybe if- uhm" he stammered nervously "If- we uh- still have no missions, would you- uh- hang out with me?" Obanai finally spat out. He was still looking at the ground. Tomioka could feel his eyes widened. He couldn't stop himself and let out a laugh, which startled Obanai and made him look up. Tomioka could feel his face heat up as his laughing stopped. He sighed and smiled, looking directly at Obanai's eyes. His face turned red. Tomioka never knew he'd smile for another person again. "Yes, I'd love to hang out with you." But now, Tomioka understood why. "Oh, uh- really-? Oh- uhm, I meant uh- that's great!  Uh, meet you tomorrow, or uh...when you're free?" The reason why Tomioka smiled for this person is because..."Yeah, sure, I'll knock on your door or leave you a letter when I'm free."

Because....

"Great! So uh, I'll be heading off to my estate now...uhm- bye!"

Because...

"Goodbye, Obanai."

Because he liked him.

To be continued