⛓️ .Chapter X. ⛓️

Obanai approached Tomioka from behind, his hands hidden behind his back as he held a bouquet of flowers. He called out to Tomioka. "Uhm, Tomioka?" He asked Tomioka as he blushed even harder as he clenched the bouquet behind his back. Tomioka turned around "Yes, Obanai?" Tomioka asked. Obanai pulled out the bouquet of flowers from behind him. "I...I know I've never told you this....and I know it's been a while....but..I really like you, no, I LOVE you! I hope you love me back as well, but...it's fine if you don't..." Obanai said as he held out the bouquet of flowers Infront of him and looked down to the grass, avoiding eye contact. Then, he felt the bouquet of flowers slapped away from his hands and fell to the grass. He saw Tomiokas foot stomp and crush the flowers on the ground. It made a crunching sound. Obanai looked up in horror. Tomiokas face was missing. The hill, the trees, and the beautiful, pink and yellow sunset disappeared. It was all just a black void. Then the black void turned into eyes. Tomiokas face turned into eyes, he could here whispering around him. Then the whispering turned into shouting "Pfft, what thing got in your head for you to think I like you back?" "Tomioka" pointed at him. He could hear Kanjori and Kocho's giggles around him. "Pathetic." "Worthless." "Useless." The voices said around him. "No, no! Shut up, shut up, shut up!" Obanai said as he grasped his hair, his nails digging into his scalp, everything felt numb. Then he felt he was falling. The dark void was sucking him in. He screamed for help. He saw all the hashiras looking at him with disappointed looks.

Then he woke up.

Obanai woke up. Breathing hard like he just ran a marathon, his fists hurt because of how hard he had clenched them in his sleep. He brush his sweat away with his arm. A glass of water will help him. Probably. He swallowed the lump forming in his throat as he walked to the kitchen. He got a glass of water and drank all of it. He went to the bathroom and splashed cold water on his face. That certainly helped him cool off. He looked outside. It seemed to be sunrise. An early morning walk wouldn't be too bad, right?

He opened his door. He looked at Kaburamarus sleeping snake body. He decided he would leave him sleeping for now, he closed the door again. He found a peice of chicken and put it near Kaburamaru and filled up a bowl with water from him. He went back to his front door and opened it. He looked back one more time at his estate. He decided it would be safer if he had his Nirichin blade. He walked away from his estate, looking at the sunset. He felt like he was missing something. He forgot to lock his door. He hit his forehead with his palm and sprinted to his house to shut his door and lock it. The hashiras normally don't lock their estates, but he was feeling quite uneasy this morning that he decided to lock it.

He was walking to the picnic-table like area near his estate. He didn't have any food on him, but he just wanted to watch the sunrise after all the stress from this nights nightmare. As he approached the picnic-table like area, the wind rushed past him. Leaves blew past him. He walked over to one table as the grass crunched under his feet. He sat down, turned around and leaned on the table. The sunset was beautiful, the birds we're chirping, the trees was rustling, the wind was blowing, it was a peaceful morning. Obanai hoped it would be this peaceful for the rest of the day. He inhaled and exhaled exaggeratedly. He looked hack at the rising sun. For minutes, he sat there, watching the sun rise. After it has fully risen, he stood up and went back to his estate.

He listened to the grass crunching down on his feet. Maybe he should do something about the nightmare he had. It felt like a sign for something. A bad sign. He opened his door and went inside. Kaburamaru was nowhere to be found. Obanai could feel a lump rising in his throat. "Kaburamaru!? Kaburamaru where are you!?" He called out in his estate. He heared a familiar hissing in the kitchen. He ran towards it and found kaburamaru on the floor, nibbling on his chicken. Obanai sighed in relief. "You scared me boy..." He kneeled down and gently petted Kaburamaru on his head. Kaburamaru let out a friendly hiss. "You can continue eating your chicken, I'll get ready, alright? Don't run off by yourself, you scared me." Obanai said as he stood up.

Obanai felt a little silly for talking to an actual snake, but then again, kaburamaru was very special to him, so he banished his thoughts and continued going to the bathroom. He took a quick, warm bath and got himself ready for the day. He wasn't really sure how long the break was, but he slightly felt a tinge of hope that maybe the population of demons are decreasing. But he wasn't so sure, he couldn't make assumptions about it just now. He continued getting ready and finally agreed on how he looked and went back to the kitchen to check on Kaburamaru. Kaburamaru hissed with glee as he held the small peice of chicken bone towards Obanai.

Obanai knelt down and petted Kaburamaru once more. Then he finally picked him up and put him on his shoulders. He went to his front door and opened it for the second time today. He took a deep inhale and exhale. Then he went outside and finally closed his door. He thought for a second, should he lock his door? Kaburamaru was already with him, he couldn't lose anything else in the estate. So he decided not to.

He listened to the grass crunching beneath his feet as he walked away from his estate.

To be continued...

This might not make sense because it was really rushed, but that's not why I have a note down here.

STOP ASKING ME IF THIS HAS SMUT AND PUTTING THIS IN SMUT READING LISTS, WE DONT HAVE UNHOLY STUFF HERE YOU NAUGHTY PEOPLE