⛓️ .Chapter VIII. ⛓️

Obanai jolted awake, he had no idea what woke him up, and he also had no idea how long he had been sleeping. He stood up and went to check his temperature. 98.6F. He was doing well and almost to his normal temperature. His stomach grumbled. He realized he hasn't eaten alot today since he slept for most of the day. He stood up, and went to the kitchen to prepare himself a meal. As soon as he opened the door, there was an Omelette with bacon and some orange juice, and a small note beside it. Obanai couldn't contain his hunger and chowed down at his food and decided that he'd read the note after he has finished his breakfast. As soon as he sucked down the last of his orange juice, he opened and read the note. It was from Tomioka. It read;

Dear Iguro Obanai,

I have made you breakfast so you wouldn't have to, take good care of yourself. Take a good rest and eat well. If you ever need help, feel free to send a note to me or Kocho.

Yours sincerely, Tomioka Giyu.

It seems that Tomioka has left him a note. How nice of Tomioka to worry about Obanai, he even made him breakfast! Obanai had to repay him somehow.

Obanai finished his meal and took a hot shower, he was told that hot showers helped to reduce sickness. So, after he took a hot shower, he got ready. As he dried his hair, he heard a knock on his door. He approached the door. He opened it. He looked around, there seems to be nobody there....then who knocked on the door? He looked down. Another note, it seems. "I wonder who's this is from?" Obanai thought as he picked the note up and closed the door.

He opened the note.

Dear Iguro Obanai,

I hope you're feeling better by now! If you have free time, please meet me at the butterfly mansion. I'd have to check on you every once in a while!

Love and peace may be upon you.

Yours sincerely, Kocho Shinobou.

Oh man, Obanai really owe the two of them, first of all, Kocho took care of him when he was sick, even though he told her not to. Second, Tomioka put him to bed and made him breakfast. So Obanai continued getting ready and finally, he finished. He opened the door and was instantly greeted by the forest, soothing wind. For the past few days, it had been raining, now, it was as sunny as ever! He turned around, closed the door and headed for the butterfly mansion. The soft gravel crunched under his feet. As he was walking, he once again found some odd shadow move swiftly in the forest in the corner of his eye. He couldn't help himself, he looked at the shadow once more, and once again, standing in the shade was Tomioka Giyu, the Water Piller. Obanai stared for a good minute until Tomiokas gaze landed on him. Judging by his looks, it seemed that Tomiokas mood lighted up...well....slightly....And Tomioka waved at him, and, of course he waved back.

He was still pretty dazed from the memory that he slept on Tomioka. The memory made his face heat up. Then he snapped out of his thoughts because he just remembered, he had to get to Kocho's mansion, more known as the butterfly mansion. He glanced back on where Tomioka was and...huh...where had he gone? Well, that doesn't really matter...he had somewhere else to be, maybe Tomioka had somewhere else to be as well! So he rushed back to reality and speed-walked the rest of the way to Kocho's mansion.

"Ara, you actually weren't stubborn today and actually listened to me and came here, bright and early!" Kocho said gleefully as she clapped her little hands "Now, enough talking, come in! Come in!"  Kocho said ushering Obanai inside. Obanai never admitted this to anyone, but Kocho's presence somehow gives a comforting vibe, she treats him like he's  apart of her family (even though they aren't close to being related), but, most of the hashiras do treat him well. For example, Kanjori, was always nice to him, she's pretty, like, really pretty. She was one of Obanai's crushes, well, he thinks she's one of his crushes...he wasn't really sure who the other one is..

Kyojuro, he can be annoying sometimes but he's good company, he also owes him and his family a lot because they saved him when he was a child. Shinangunzawa...he's just loud. Obanai's thoughts were snapped out as he heared Kocho start talking once more. "Get in! I'm a little busy right now...So I got someone to volunteer to check on you for a while!" Kocho said, smirking a little bit. "You two have fun in there!" She said as she gleefully bounced on her feet and away from him towards the hall and turned right. Obanai was quite confused by what Kocho had meant by "have fun in there" It was just a small check-up, maybe the little girl who had greeted him  the last time he went here was the one giving him the check-up! Obanai wasn't really a big fan of check-ups, because he wasn't regularly sick! And, doctors scare him...Obanai hoped that it will be a short check-up, he didn't want to stay sick for a very long time as well.

He hesitated, tried to open the door again and stopped. He looked over the hall where Kocho had bounced off. He eyed the door suspiciously. Kocho's words repeating in his head like a song lyric stuck on replay.

"You two have fun in there!"

He hesitated once more, eyeing the door knob. Who could have been in there that made Kocho say that to him?

"You two have fun in there!"

Was this some sort of prank?

"You two have fun in the—"

Obanai snapped out of his thoughts and opened the door. His eyes widened. It wasn't a prank. It wasn't Aoi, or whatever her name was. It was...

"What are YOU doing here!?"

To be continued.

Sorry for not posting lately, I've been busy with school since I just enrolled into a new one, all we did was run all week and my legs hurt so bad...So Im using my time to make this while I'm resting. I hope you guys forgive me! I hope you're having a nice day or night today/night!! <33 -The author :D