⛓️ .Chapter VI. ⛓️

"this place is pretty cozy," Obanai thought as he listened to the tapping of raindrops on his window, —really, the window in Tomiokas guest room— "maybe a quick nap will do," Obanai thought as he laid down on the guest rooms bed and closed his eyes as he slowly drifted to sleep.

Later that afternoon...

Tomioka went up the stairs to go to the guest room Obanai was staying at. He had been called to go to the mission Tanjiro and his friends we're doing, as he opened the door, he saw Obanai, sleeping peacefully. Tomioka thought maybe he could just tell Obanai after he went back. So that's what he did. He went back down the stairs. The rain grew stronger the more he stalled, so he quickly dashed for an area wherever the rain wasn't really hitting. This was the first mission for the hashiras, Tomioka was going with Kocho this time. She's a good person, but she pretty much just annoys him. But today was no time to stall.

A few minutes later.

Obanai woke up, startled by the loud thunder from outside. Though the rain has calmed down a little. Obanai stood up. "I should probably tell Tomioka that I should go," Obanai thought as he went down the stairs "Tomioka!" Obanai called as he reached the first floor. "Where is he?" Obanai thought as he looked around the first floor. "Oh, I remember him telling me that he'd go and help...Tanjiro, was it? Yeah, if they have a problem at a certain mission they have, I think." Obanai said to himself as he went to the front door and opened it. As he opened the front door a rush of wind blew on his face, the smell of rich, fresh moss from the rain, though the rain has already calmed down a little and only a few little drops are coming down from the sky. As Obanai walked back to his estate, he realized, it is quite far from Tomiokas, and now he was glad that Tomioka even let him stay in his estate. He was almost near to his estate, until he heared a distant thunder, coming from somewhere. He stopped on his tracks and looked up, the rain seems to be growing strong again as another thunder, much louder than the previous one sounded. Obanai ran faster and faster so he can reach his estate without getting that wet.

But he was too late. The storm— was even stronger than before and he was immediately soaked in water as he ran along towards his estate, the cold wind blowing against him. And at last, he reached his estate. Drenched in cold, freezing rain water and he immediately went to go to the bathroom and dry himself off. After he was completely dry, he felt oddly tired, maybe it was because of all that running or walking. Obanai went to his kitchen to prepare himself a meal and finally rest. After he finished his meal, which was just a simple omelette (Obanai isn't a really good cooker) he went to get ready for bed— once again —he went to the bathroom to take a quick, warm shower, contrast to the cold, rainy weather and brushed his teeth and went to bed. It was already 7pm when he got back home, and now it was almost 11pm. He changed his clothes more suitable for sleeping and went to close the lights on his estate. Then he went back to his room, he could still hear the soft tapping of the raindrops on his window, but the rain has almost gone away. Obanai laid down and closed his eyes as he slowly drifted into sleep.

*                      *                        *

The next morning he woke up, his eyes sticky with sleep. He stood up and went to look outside his bedroom window. The storm had stopped, and the sun was shining as bright as ever. Obanai felt...odd...he seemed more tired that before. He shivered, for some reason, though the weather was clearly not cold. Obanai touched his neck to see if he had a fever (Obanai learned it from Kocho that if he feels oddly tired or cold he might have a fever) his neck felt hot. Obanai rushed to get dressed, quickly feeding kaburamaru and made his breakfast quickly. Then he put kaburamaru gently on his neck and ran out the door towards Kocho's estate.

At Kocho's estate...

Obanai knocked on the door, but no one answered. He knocked again and saw a young girl with black hair and has pigtails, and blue eyes. "Hello there, serpent hashira, iam Aoi Kanzaki, iam one of the nurses that helps out master Shinobou Kocho— the insect hashira —how may I be of service?" The girl said to Obanai "Uh, can you lead me to Kocho? I need to ask her a few questions," Obanai said, scratching his neck. "Why of course, follow me, serpent hashira" Aoi said as she led Obanai to a certain room "Here we are, this is the room master Shinobou Kocho is staying, is there anything else you would need me to do?" Aoi asked "No, and thank you...uh..." Obanai trailed of briefly forgetting the girls name "Aoi, was it?" He asked sheepishly, and the girl nodded "Yeah, thank you, Aoi for your help" Obanai said "Glad to be of service," Aoi said as she went away.

Obanai opened the door carefully, "Uh, Kocho?" He asked as he found Kocho sitting on the edge of a bed, appearing to make poison for her Nirichin blade "Sorry, I should've knocked..." Obanai said coughing "ne, ne, Iguro-sama, it is completely fine! Though you seem sick, are you okay?" Shinobou asked as she put away gently what she was doing "Yeah, I mean, I think I am okay, I just have a few questions" Obanai said, realizing he was still at the door frame "why don't you come inside and sit on the bed? I just have to finish putting these away, then we can talk" Kocho said continuing to clean up. Obanai sat down on the bed and waiting for Kocho to finish.

"So, what is it that you want to ask me, Iguro-sama?" Kocho asked with a gentle smile on her as she sat down beside Obanai "well, uh, I don't know...I think I have a fever? But I just can't prove it since I don't have a thermometer..." Obanai said sheepishly "Oh," Kocho exclaimed "Well, excuse me for a bit while I find my thermometer, okay?" Kocho said as she stood up and went to go look for the thermometer as Obanai waited patiently on the edge of the bed. Obanai coughed, this time, it hurt his throat. "Are you okay?" Kocho asked alarmingly "Yeah...I'm fine" Obanai said "Have you found the thermometer?" He asked and Kocho nodded "Hm, can you take off the bandages on your face so you can use the thermometer?" Kocho asked and he nodded, Kocho was the only person Obanai trusted in seeing him without his bandages on, because he knows Kocho is kind and wouldn't make fun of him like the others.

Obanai took off his bandages and put the thermometer in his mouth. A few seconds passed by and the thermometer showed 103F "Oh my!" Kocho exclaimed alarmingly as she took out the thermometer from Obanai's mouth "You have a high fever! What exactly did you do yesterday?" Kocho said, gently touching Obanai's arm as he put on his bandages "Uh well..." Obanai stuttered "I can't tell her I was from Tomiokas estate..." Obanai tried to think of an easy, but believable lie "Well, uh, I thought the storm was over and I decided to walk around for a while," Obanai said, "And I got pretty far from my estate and then the storm went on again, and I got soaked in the cold water as I ran back to my estate as fast as I can" He finished, and Kocho was looking at him concerned, "Well, you should get rest, okay? Enough sleep and don't do too many things that might make your fever go higher, this fever is one if the highest I've gotten from my patients.." Kocho said standing up and put the thermometer away. "Take care of yourself better from now on, okay? I care about you, Obanai, your a good person, now rest, okay?"

"Okay..."

To be continued....

Omg, I finally finished it and again I added an extra 400 words so I can make it up to you guys...

And for those who have read my old fanfic (for those that didn't, DONT READ IT, IT SUCKS.) You can see that I've changed the storyline, quite alot.

Now I won't talk more so.... See you guys in the next chapter~! <33 -The author :)