⛓️ .Chapter V. ⛓️

Obanai woke up, gasping for breath "what? Who? Where?" He thought as he frantically looked around. He seemed to have slept until the next day. He stood up and got ready for the day. After that, he went to make breakfast, as he started frying eggs, he suddenly felt a ravenous hunger, realizing he had skipped dinner last night. As he finished cooking, he immediately chowed down on it, Obanai wasn't the bestest at cooking, but he wasn't the worst either. As he finished his breakfast, he cleaned his mess and went outside, looking for Kocho. As he wandered around aimlessly, he saw a figure just standing somewhere near the end of the treeline, he looked at the figure and realized, it was Tomioka, but he wasn't looking at him, his gaze was far from him, somewhere ahead of him. But then, Tomiokas eyes snapped to Obanai, glaring at him. Obanai startled "does he think I'm gonna tell them?" Obanai thought, staring back at Tomioka, not avoiding eye contact. He swallowed hard and started going forward, his journey to find where Kocho is. He eventually found her, near the butterfly estate, and Kocho noticed him coming. "Ara-ara, Iguro-sama, what are you doing here?" Kocho asked, smiling politely.

"Uhm...well, late decision yesterday, but I decided to not watch Tomioka anymore, I have some other things, more important things to do...so uh..I hope you uh, understand..." Obanai stuttered, hoping Kocho would believe his little stupid lie. "Ara-ara..I completely understand, Iguro-sama! Thank you for telling me, I'll be sure to inform Shinangunzawa-san about it." Kocho said politely "Thank you for understanding me, Kocho." Obanai said as he walked away. As he got far away enough from Kocho, that familiar looking shadow once again appeared near the end of the treeline. And ofcourse, he once again looked back at it and found Tomioka, once again standing there. Tomioka nodded at him and he eventually dashed away. Obanai struggled to catch up with him, Tomioka was obviously much faster than him. Obanai eventually cought up to Tomioka "Wait!" Obanai yelled, panting heavily as Tomioka finally stopped. "What do you want." Tomioka said, keeping his back turned on Obanai. "I- i-" Obanai said, struggling to speaking while he coughed and panted. Tomioka went beside him and gently patted his back "you okay?" Tomioka asked, seeming to be worried for him.

"Im- fine." Obanai said, as he coughed uncontrollably, Tomioka stayed beside him until he stopped coughing "what we're you going to tell me?" Tomiokas voice seemed to have softened a little bit "I...I didn't tell them..." Obanai said, no longer coughing but still panting. "Good." Tomioka said sternly, helping him up. "But that's not what I'm here for.." Obanai continued, straightening himself up "Then what?" Tomioka asked "well...I told you yesterday that I was told to watch you, right?" Obanai asked, and, Tomioka nodded "Go on," Tomioka replied, "well, I saw that you seemed to be talking to some people, and uh...I'd like to meet them I guess? I promise, I won't tell anyone..." Obanai finished. Tomioka didn't answer for a few minutes. "Sure, I suppose nothing bad will happen if I do," Tomioka said, maintaining eye contact between Obanai and him "Come along," Tomioka said, starting to walk towards his estate while Obanai went to jog towards him to catch up. "So uh...who are they exactly?" Obanai asked, walking alongside Tomioka, "They're people I'm currently taking care of, you know Kocho and Kanao?" Tomioka asked Obanai. "Why ofcourse I do!" Obanai exclaimed.

"You know how she's taking care of Kanao, right?" Tomioka asked skeptically "Duh! She keeps saying "oH I gOtTa TrAIn Kanao, bLa, BlA, bLa" everytime as an excuse whenever I ask her to do something for me" Obanai said, "Well, I'm currently taking care of four of them" Tomioka explained once more as they reached his estate "I'll introduce you to them once we get inside" Tomioka said, as he opened the gate to his estate "why did I want to meet them again? I'm starting to regret this..." Obanai thought as he waited for Tomioka to open the gate "Go first," Tomioka gestured to Obanai while holding the gate open out for him to enter. As they entered the estate, Tomioka stopped him before he could step inside the building "Don't touch anything." Tomioka said sternly, glaring down at Obanai. Obanai, ofcourse, scared Tomioka is gonna kick the shins out of him, just silently nodded. "Go in" Tomioka said and Obanai did, as Obanai went inside, he heared Tomioka lock the door. "So uh, where are they exactly?" Obanai asked the taller man before him, "They're on a mission, if you didn't know, only us hashiras got a break" Tomioka explained, sitting down on a sofa on a living-room looking area.

"Please, take a seat" Tomioka said, gesturing to the seat right beside him. Obanai's face turned into a light, rosy pink as he went to sit down right beside Tomioka "So, uh, when do they usually come home?" Obanai asked, avoiding eye contact between him and Tomioka "Whenever the mission is over, if it's easy, they'd come back tommorow morning, if it's hard, I usually get informed about it, or they take about 2 days to come back." Tomioka explained to Obanai, "Well uh, can you atleast tell me their names?" Obanai asked, still looking away from Tomioka, he stayed silent for a while, until he finally spoke once again, "Well, one's a female, she's 14, her name is Nezuko Kamado, she helps her brother kill demons." Somehow, something seemed to stop Tomioka for telling Obanai she was a demon, but not any normal demon, Nezuko was unique. "3 are males, one of them is Nezukos brother, Tanjiro Kamado, which is actually my student, I teach him to use water breathing," Tomioka continued as Obanai finally looked at him, his beautiful yellow and turquoise eyes staring right at him, Tomioka could feel himself blush for a little bit, but he ignored the feeling.

"Anyways," Tomioka said, being the one to break the eye contact between the two of them this time "The other is another male, blonde, a coward, though, he's able to fight well, just not that much, he uses thunder breathing and his name is Zenitsu Agatsuma" Tomioka explained once more. Tomioka cleared his throat, "and the last one, Inosuke Hashibira, I don't know who trained him, he's really aggressive, kind of like a Shinangunzawa clone 2.0" Obanai couldn't find why he laughed at that, but he did. Tomioka felt his face heat up even more as he listened to Obanai's laughter "Sorry..sorry...go on" Obanai said as he tried to stop laughing, Tomioka cleared his throat "so uh, yeah, he uses beast breathing, I think he created it....Anyways, that's all of them..." Tomioka finished, finally looking at him "Thanks, by the way" Obanai said as he stood up "I guess I should go now..." As the last word came out of Obanai's mouth, a loud thunder suddenly rang out from outside "Maybe you should stay for the day, it seems to be a storm," Tomioka said as he stood up.

"Oh, no, its fine really! I can get to my estate in time, I'm sure" Obanai said as he tried to open the door "No, if I know correctly, your estate is quite far from mine, don't worry, we have a spare room" Tomioka said "follow me, and, don't worry, just don't make too much of a ruckus and your fine staying here" Tomioka said as he led Obanai up the stairs. Is it quite odd that Tomioka seemed genuinely concerned for Obanai and that he's being very sweet and caring right now? Maybe it's just on Obanai's imagination. As Tomioka showed him the guest room and told him the estate rules, Obanai finally settled in "Hey uh, Tomioka?" Obanai called after Tomioka before he closed the door "Yes?" Tomioka said, before shutting the door all the way "Thank you, for letting me stay..." Obanai said, blushing a little bit under his mask. "Don't even mention it," Tomioka replied as he finally shut the door.

Obanai's feelings we're getting stronger for Tomioka. It seems that Tomioka might also be catching feelings. Or is he? It is for me to know and you to find out.

To be continued...

Sorry for taking a while! Since I made this extra long (extra 400 words) in this chapter! I hope you guys enjoy and I hope you guys don't mind waiting for the next chapter as I want the storyline to be above than everything as I try to make things make sense, thank you for understanding! -the author :)