𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫.

Ch 4

Ch 4

Jeff's POV

       Me and Kid head out to get some food. Basically, we're making a trip to the grocery store a little ways outside the woods, snatching a few items, and leaving through a back exit I managed to scope out in my many times visiting.

       Once we get out the woods, we first make a stop at a huge dumpster lot located by some apartments that were built right next to the woods. I place Kid (Y/N) down on the ground for them to stand and begin searching through all the thrown out furniture and shit looking for one thing.

       "Why are you going in trash?" Kid asked, looking at me puzzled. "Why aren't you? You could always help me out, you know?"

       "But I know no what you looking for!"

       I roll my eyes and keep looking, ignoring the questions. I eventually head up to another dumpster and find a jackpot! How lucky am I?

       I walk back to where I left the kid waiting with my newfound item.

       "Do I have to sit in that? I don't want to ride stroller, I'm not a baby," Kid said, frowning at the old stroller I had grabbed. "You're still a baby in Jeff's kingdom. Get in damn the stroller."

       "I'm not a real baby!"

       I roll my head back and walk over, grabbing the kid. I'm not arguing with this thing. I plop them in the seat and buckle them in anyways. Kid growled and huffed and crossed their arms while pouting. "I'm not a baby!!"

       "Shut up, whiney."

       I begin pushing the stroller and start walking down the sidewalk towards the grocery store.

•••

       When we enter, it's simple for us to blend in with everyone else there. I usually did this "shopping" shit at night when there wasn't much people around and I didn't have to hide so much, but now that I've got a little squeaker with me, I have to take extra precaution and blend in more.

       I look through the ripped up hole in the hood of the old stroller and see that Kid is sucking their thumb again. Like a little baby. I scoffed, this kid. At least they're helping play up the act. A few women would pass by and look at the kid with expressions of awe and make obnoxious baby sounds at them.

       Honestly wanted to straight up stab some of them to death right then and there.

       I push the stroller into one of the aisles where there was cereal and shove two boxes in the basket I had picked up.

       "Can we get that one?" (Y/N) asked, pointing to the fruit loops. "No, we got Cocoa Puffs and Lucky Charms already."

       "I want Fwuit loops though!"

       "Ughhh. Fine, we'll put one of these back and we'll get the Fruit Loops. Which one do you want to put back?"

       "I want all of them though...can we get all of them please?????????"

       Oh what the hell, it's not like I'm paying for any of this crap anyways. I grab the stupid Fruit Loops and shove it in the basket. Now there's barely any space left for anything else.

       I groan and push the stroller out of the area into a new aisle. I grab a small carton of milk, I get some goldfish to shut the kid up when it wants a snack, some headphones for "my" new phone and some for the kid too, ramen cause that's easy to make and I can't cook for shit, some bread, and then a few more items. I then for some stupid ass reason passed by the damn toy section.

       "O O O O CAN I GET A TOY? CAN WE LOOK AT THE TOYS!" (Y/n) screeched immediately. I really had this shit coming. I groan loudly, "No dumb child, you can't get a toy. This basket is heavy enough with stuff as it is."

       I hear what sounds like them starting to cry and really don't feel like hearing it right now. "FINE dammit. One small toy and that it. SMALL."

•••

Your POV

       You grin happily as you hold a HUGE box filled with legos in your grasp. Jeff pushes you in the stroller angrily while mumbling to himself about how he's supposed to smuggle this much stuff out of the store.

       "Can you help me build it when we get home?" You asked, kicking your legs excitedly. "No, I'll dump it on your silly little head," Jeff scoffed. You shrugged and shook the box to hear the sound of the pieces inside.

       Jeff pushes you all the way to the back of the store near the electronics. He stops for a while and you look around, wondering why he stops. You notice him looking and walking around with his hands in his pockets as if waiting for something. After a bit, he comes back to the stroller and picks up the basket of items, then starts pushing you to a door.

       You never went this way when you went to the store with your parents before! Maybe it's a secret area?

       Once through the door, you see that you're in a narrow hallway and at the end there's another door. Jeff pushes you to that door and then when it's opened you see it leads to outside again.

       "I think we went the wrong way," You spoke, "we have to go the the pay thingy where we put all our stuff first?"

       "Yeah no, that's what your parents had to do. I don't have to pay. I'm allowed to get everything free," Jeff responded, heading through the store lot. "Oh! That's so cool! Can I get more toys next time then?"

       "....Maybe. If you be good."

       You nod frantically, "I'll be good, I promise I promise!"

       You felt his hand ruffle your head and you smile. You think that living with Jeff now might be greater than you originally thought.