𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Ch 13

Ch 13

         "...That's not a puppy..."

         Your brittle remark was met with piercing silence as you stared unblinking at the monster that stood before you.

         The so called "puppy" stood on two legs like any other humanoid being would, rather than all fours. Your gaze was fixed on the horror that was it's 'face'; it hid behind a dark, navy blue mask with pitch black void-like holes situated where eyes would normally be. These holes dripped of some strange black substance that was unknown to you.

         You also noticed that the 'puppy' had gray skin, a color of skin you'd never seen before. Their fingers seemed to appear long and sharp, like they had claws rather than regular hands. They wore a black dirtied and matted hoodie with the hood pulled up over ruffled tufts of brown hair and tattered dark gray pants that fell over black tennis shoes.

         You felt Jane's grip around you tighten and you glance at her with still widened eyes, waiting for an explanation. Your head immediately shot back to the creature of a man when you heard it begin to speak with a very gruff yet almost serpent-like voice.

         "Is this kid for me? I never had [Nationality] before~"

         You squeeze Jane tighter than you'd ever squeezed anything before and bury your head against her neck, shuttering, "Please don't..."

         Jane heaved a sigh and placed a hand against your head, pressing you gently against her. She then scowled, "I told you about scratching on our damn door. What's wrong with you?"

         The strange man tilted his head, "I know you told me not to, I just decided not listen because you refuse to stop treating me like a damn mutt. I'm not your pet."

         The harshness in his voice made you uneasy, however Jane remained unfazed by the entierety of the thing she had intially told you was cute and friendly little dog.

         The 'dog' suddenly raised his head to the air and brought his hand up to the mask. You watched as he pulled the mask off, revealing his horrifying face as he began to desperately sniff the air. You were more terrified that instead of eyes where his eyes should've been, there was nothing there but blackness, just like on the mask.