𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞.

Ch 5

Ch 5

Your POV

       Jeff unbuckles you from the stroller and you quickly jump out, still hugging your box of legos close to you. Your legs feel weird after not standing for so long and you wobble your way inside the cabin when Jeff opened the door.

       You immediately head over to the couch and try to start opening the box of legos. "At least wait till after you eat something," Jeff scoffed, resting the basket of items on the small table. Somehow, the table immediately snapped at the legs and plowed to the ground with the basket.

       "SHIT! What the hell!? Now I have to find a new one!" Jeff hissed, looking at the broken table in dismay. You felt like laughing for some reason but kept your mouth shut.

       Jeff picked up the basket and placed it on the desk instead, then grabbed the pieces of the table and moved it to the corner of the cabin for the time being.

       As you struggle to get the box of legos open, Jeff grabs a bowl from the cabinets in the cabin and starts pulling stuff from the basket. He then walks over to you and hands you something.

       You glare at the container he had in hand.

       You glare back at him, "That's baby food..."

       "I know? What's wrong? Take it...oh I know what's wrong, you're missing a spoon. I'll get you one."

       You frowned and crossed your arms, taking the container and pouting. "I don't want this."

       "You were born 5 years ago, you don't know what you want."

Jeff's POV

       When did I forget kids love to complain about everything? This little loser should be lucky I'm even feeding it.

       I look at Kid's pathetic upset face and smirk at them, wondering if they were gonna cry because I gave them baby food.

       Instead, they took and deep breath and began to try opening the lid. Of course they couldn't even do that much so I had to open it for them and handed them a spoon.

       "Enjoy~" I said mockingly.

       The kid pokes at the soft food a bit before slowly taking small bites of it and cringing. "It tastes gross..."

       "Quit complaining for once? Gosh I'll try and find something else for you to have..."

       I leave them and grab the box of Fruit Loops, figuring cereal would do a better job at keeping them quiet.
After pouring out the stuff, I walk over and snatch the baby food out of Kid's hand before they could take another bite, and I quickly hand them the bowl of cereal.

       "Yes! I love Fwuit Loops!"

       "It's 'Fruit' Loops you smooth brain. Will you stop complaining now?"

       My question was met with the kid eagerly chowing down on the cereal, so I took that as a yes.

       I go and make some cereal for myself, then I take a seat next to the kid and play a movie on Netflix so we could both watch something while we ate.

       When we were done, the Kid got on the floor and started fiddling around with the box of legos again. "Can you help me build now Jeff?" They asked eagerly.

       "I'm busy watching Magi Madoka, shut up."

       "Aww please!! Pleaseee???" They started shaking the box rapidly to piss me off.

       I sigh in annoyance and toss the phone, giving in to the Kid's pleading and plant myself next to them on the floor. They watched me with wide, excited eyes as I ripped open the box and dumped everything on the floor.

       We spent more than an hour together putting the pieces together and building the little stupid lego city and it took up a big amount of space in my small cabin area but the kid was beyond overjoyed when we finished, and their happiness made me feel...glad?

       "It's so awesome, thank you so much Jeff!" Kid exclaimed. They looked at me for a few seconds before stepping up to me and awkwardly hugging my arm. I looked down at them in confusion for a bit, then chuckled. "Too afraid of me to give me a real hug then?" I said jokingly, patting their head.

       The Kid shook their head, "I just didn't know if you liked hugs or not," and then wrapped their arms around my tightly. "You're the best. I don't hate you anymore."

       I looked at them a bit shocked and slowly, awkwardly hugged them back. I haven't hugged a person in years. This felt..strange. But at the same time I kind of appreciated it, especially from this little kid. I still can't believe they have enough heart to forgive me, a killer, for murdering their parents. They got over it unusually quick...but maybe for the better. I'm starting to feel attached to this little kid, and I'll even go as far to say that I may even defend it with my very life.

       "Thanks, (Y/n)," I sighed, continuing to pet their head, "I guess you're the best too."