𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐎𝐕

𝐘𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐏𝐎𝐕

You sat playing tiredly in a patch of overgrown weeds in attempt to satiate your growing boredom while Mary worked nearby tending to the plants that decorated the outside of the house. The sky was a dull, ginger orange; the sun could just barely be seen setting in the horizon behind the swath of trees. Jane had left the house, to which you remembered so that she could buy groceries. And Jack, for some reason, remained inside the house despite Jane ordering him to leave.

Despite "the puppy" acting docile when Jane was around, his mask and what lay beneath it still disturbed you, so you stuck around Mary as she tidied the kitchen and then went outside to take care of the dying vegetation out front.

You pestered Mary a few times because you were very bored and you wanted someone to play with, though Mary was insistent on up-keeping the plants, so you were left alone to watch her and find your entertainment from nature. A part of you missed you cellphone at that moment, and an even bigger part missed a certain pale skinned, vulgar man.

"...You know, I have friend named Laughing Jack," You spoke after a while, flinging the weeds into the dirt pile you had formed and turning to look at Mary. "Oh? Do tell me about this friend," Mary replied, glancing up at you for a second to smile before her gaze returned to her work. "Um...well he's very tall and he looks scary a lot. He's got...lots of black and white on him and his nose looks like a unicorn!"

This inspires a chuckle from Mary, "What an interesting friend, [Y/N]! Can you tell me more about Laughing Jack?"

You pull yourself up from the ground and walk over to Mary so you could be closer to her. "I think he's a clown. He's pretty ugly ass, but he's really nice."

Mary stopped what she was doing and her head slowly turned to you, her eyebrow raised. You giggled, knowing very well what came out of your mouth and you knew that by the look on Mary's face that she wasn't pleased with it. "[Y/N] dear, who taught you that word?"

"My Jeff did~!"

"Mmm. And you know it's not a very nice word for you to use on other people, right?"

"Well Jeff does it all the time. What's ass anyway?"

Mary sighed, not wanting to go out of her way to scold you, after all she was charmed by the goofy grin on your little face. "Don't worry about it. Come here, let me wipe all that dirt off your knees."

As Mary brushed off the muck that coated your knees from playing in the dirt, the front door of the house swung open with a creak and Jack laxily stepped out, startling you with his tall dark form as you hadn't expected his sudden appearance. As it was nearing dark out, his figure appeared significantly more startling than before.