𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Ch 14

Ch 14

Third p. o. v — Jeff

If there was a way for someone like Jeff to somehow reach a God and ask for forgiveness of his sins and deliverance from his current situation, he would've taken it in a heartbeat.

The last position that he'd ever wanted to find himself in was one where he came face to face with his own dead brother.

Unfortunately, there he was faced with his kin now, shamefully stuck in the weakest possible state one could ever find themself in.

         "Hello, Brother. It's been a while since we'd last seen each other, hasn't it?"

Jeff detected the faintest hint of venom in his supposedly casual greeting. Red flags were going off all about him, but there wasn't much he could really do as a result of what Sally had just done to him. Jeff was left incapacitated at the moment, and the best he could manage was forcefully dragging his body across the ground to escape.

Obviously, that wouldn't get him very far, considering one approaching him at just a walking speed would be able to catch up with him.

Jeff's neck burned with a gross, agonizing sensation that made him feel light headed. Between the luck of his brother showing up and his throat being partially ripped out, he was just daring something else completely bizarre to happen to further throw his day into calamity.

"Well I just bet you must be oh so overjoyed to have found me again..." Jeff managed to croak out sarcastically, although straining his vocal cords to aid him in speech wasn't the best idea in his current condition.

"Believe it or not, that I am," His brother responded as-a-matter-of-factly, "you on the other hand don't look too thrilled to see me. Is this how you greet your big brother Liu?"