𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

𝐂𝐡 𝟏𝟖

𝐂𝐡 𝟏𝟖

Several Days Before — Jack's p. o. v.

          That laughing...that damned laughing... it finally ceased. I hesitantly relax and allow my senses to roam free again. That cursed demon that attacked me—I can't detect it anywhere anymore. It's finally left me alone.

          I was curled in fetal position on the forest floor, having fell into a hellish psychotic episode spawned by none other than that...that thing... I don't know who or what it was, but I fear it just might be the fabled BEN [Y/N] had kept bringing up. It did mention [Y/N]'s name directly, so there was no doubt about it, but just what it wanted with the kid was lost on me.

Sharp pain tugged at my torso; I felt blood still leaking from the area in which the creep stabbed me. I frantically pulled my mask off my face and inhaled the smell of blood that tainted the air. It draws a disruptive growl from my stomach—not the best time to induce hunger in me...

          I could barely muster up the strength to begin pulling myself up from the ground. Whatever the hell that thing was quite legitimately pierced a hole into my body. I wasn't human by any means but I was only lucky I managed to survive such a wound. I still wasn't out of the clear though—if this wasn't taken care of as soon as possible I might actually die.

          I continued to apply pressure on the wound and did my best bundling up the hem of my hoodie to act as a blockage for the blood while I fought to drag myself across the grass. Despite my aptitude in medicine and general treatment, I wasn't in any state to properly take care of myself. Hell, I doubt I could barely get myself somewhere safe enough to do so.

          I hated the idea of having to rely on Jane for any sort of help besides the profits of our deal, but the situation was dire enough to the point I admitted to myself that seeking her out is my only option. The only problem was, I doubt that I'd still be alive halfway crawling myself back to her cabin.