𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐞𝐧.

Ch 10

Ch 10

        "Hey there big kid. Open your eyes for me."

        You felt the woman that had been carrying you for what felt like forever shift her hands to your armpits and heave you to a more comfortable position in her grasp. The scary sounds you had heard a while ago had long since ceased, and the running had also seemed to get slower and slower until now it had felt like she'd stopped. You slowly blink your eyes open and lift your head from being crooked into her neck and immediately glanced at her face—well, the mask that covered her face.

"Is everything okay now?" You ask quietly, still feeling a bit shaken up and slightly unnerved by the woman. "Everything's okay now. I'm proud of you for doing what I said and keeping your eyes closed, you were very brave," She said, lightly petting your head while balancing you in her other arm. Despite the fact her face was hidden, you couldn't help but feel like she was probably smiling at you, so you smile back slightly and wrap your arms around her neck. "Thank you for saving from the bad guys..."

"Awwww sweetie..."

For a moment, the two of you remained in silence, and the woman only silently rocked you in her arm while you relaxed and leaned against her. You wondered who she was and how she knew where to find you. Maybe she is a friend of Jeff's and came to help!

"What's your name?" The woman eventually spoke again, craning her neck back to look at you again. "Kid! Uhm my name is (Y/N) but my new Dad, Jeff, calls me Kid!"

She stopped rocking you.

"Your new dad...Jeff...?"

"Yes!"

Suddenly, her grasp around you tightened unexpectedly and it caused you to grow frightened by the sudden intensity of her hold. You frown in worry and try to squirm away out of her grasp, but she quickly relaxes her hold and shakes her head, "God, did I hurt you? I didn't mean to scare you sweetie, I'm sorry."

"...It's okay."

"Say...let's head inside first and you can tell me everything about yourself, okay? You'll get dinner, a bath, and a nice warm bed to sleep in, just like I told you to imagine."