old friends and old foes

I didn’t feel like just sitting around all day, waiting for the team to get back so I decided to pay Eden a visit.

I waited with all the other parents coming to pick the kids up and her eyes lit up when she saw me.

“Y/n! You came!” she cheered running into my open arms “you’ve been here less than a day, don’t go there” I mumbled and she smiled “thanks for saving my life and all” I nodded carrying her out of the daycare.

“Reaper, when did you get a kid?” one of the trainees asked and I smiled “not my kid” I winked and I grabbed her a ice cream “go eat, and be good” I smiled sitting beside Farah “you didn’t leave with the team?” I asked and she shook her head “price told me about your training incident” she smiled and I looked down “yeah, it’s stupid I know but two years ago only feels like a week” I mumbled and she gave me a half smile.

“hey look I’m going to train some of the newbies, you can join if you want?” I questioned and she shrugged nodding “Eden’s headed back anyway, shes attached to her little brother, I know how she feels” I joked and we took off towards the shooting range.

After 3 hours of training newbies

“Half a day training isn’t that bad” I smiled and Farah pulled me towards the main building, specifically the conference room.

“teams coming back, price wants us to wait here, he has a gift for you” she joked and I rolled my eyes.

I heard the door open and I turned around smiling at the team coming through.

My smile dropped.

Alex. The dead one.

He came walking through the doors, he had already took his vest off and he was right in front of me, I didn’t on if I wanted to slap the shit out of him or hug him.

I marched up to him and brought my hand across his face with enough force to leave a pretty bad mark “that’s for making me think you were dead for two years!” I exclaimed before wrapping my arms around him, letting him hug me back “that’s for coming back” I mumbled smiling into his neck.

“I’m sorry” was all he said, it was all he had to say. I never wanted to leave his arms, I felt safe and ok in his arms.

I only pulled back when I remembered the dog tags “don’t you need these back?” I asked and he shook his head, instead he grabbed the other chain, and took his ring off if it “you kept it for 2 years, and haven’t managed to loose it?” he asked and I nodded “I don’t loose things that easy, they just get misplaced” I joked and the team laughed.

Ghost got up and pushed past both of us, storming off to his room.

“Was this a good surprise?” Price asked and I nodded.
“Gaz, Reaper, I need the two of you to hang back, everyone else is dismissed” Price said and I looked at Gaz confused, he looked sorry and a little hurt.

“We didn’t want to bring this up incase it was nothing but, we’ve been getting messages from an unknown number, they’ve been sending number codes, each one is a letter” Gaz explained and I nodded confused “why am I here?” I asked and price pulled up an image “we have a feeling you know whose leaving them, they left a distinct message saying they were taking back Reaper, one way or another” I stopped moving, my whole body tensed up and I shook my head.

“we got ambushed, the masks looked like some your old friends would wear” he placed a mask on the desk and I recognized the logo on it, “yeah, it’s them” I huffed standing and leaving.