The Doctor

This was a late call, apparently a member from 141 was hit back and they needed surgery. “he’s all ready” my nurse smile and I finished getting ready, and worked on removing the fragments and the bullet in general, one had barely missed an artery and I took a deep breath when I stitched him back up “uh doc?” Kyle, one who has frequently visited me knocked on my office door “yes?” I asked and he handed me a coffee and sat down “thank you for trying, even if he doesn’t wake up, Reaper needs him, he’s like a brother to them, at least I think” his eyes started to water and I reached across to softly touch his hand “give him another day or so, he’ll wake up, hell be in some pain but he’ll wake up” I assured and he smiled “I hope I didn’t mess up your coffee, I made it like I make mine” he huffed and I smiled “I guess we like out coffees the same Kyle” I smiled and he laughed “call me Gaz, please” he smiled shaking my hand “well Gaz I’m just know as Doc around here” I laughed and he shook his head, I noticed the cut on his arm and I huffed “lead me to the team” I stood and followed him to the lobby, he was right Reaper was a mess.

“I guess I owe you guys an update, the bullet missed an artery barely, and he should be ok, sore but ok nonetheless” I explained and Gaz smiled as Reaper lifted her head. She got up and hugged my and I tensed “thank you” she whispered and I cleared my throat as she let go “your welcome” I smiled and she almost started to cry again. “If anyone of you other than Gaz need to be stitched up I am here to help” I smiled and sat beside Gaz giving him a quick stitch and finishing “I will call you guys as soon as he wakes up, I promise” I smiled and they all went to leave.

“oh Gaz” I grabbed his hand and he turned with what I could barely make out as a blush on his cheeks “yeah?” He asked and I smiled “Make sure Reaper gets some sleep, please” I smiled and he nodded “yes ma’am, and make sure you get some rest too, you look tired already” he winked and I almost froze up before shaking it off and going back to Soaps bedside.

Reaper pov

Gaz came out with a smile on his face, it made me smile just from the brightness of it “does Gaz have a crush on Doc?” I questioned and he snapped out if it “no! No?” he questioned and I smiled laying my head on Ghosts chest “you haven’t slept, lets get you a nap ok?” Ghost whispered and I nodded weakly. We split from the group and Ghost started a shower and once I was ready he helped me in and decided to shower with me.

He helped me wash my back and face softly kissing my lips when I faced him and I smiled “thank you” he kisses me again, he washed my hair and we got out. I got dressed and laid down beside ghost with a smile, “goodnight Si” I whispered and he took his mask off and grabbed mine from off the floor “you look better without it” he whispered and let me sleep against his chest.

I woke up to knocking on my door and I woke up with a groan “what?” I questioned and Gaz came in “he’s awake, Doc called me” Gaz smiled and I jumped up and ran past him straight to the ER room. “Soap?” I questioned and he smiled softly “told you we would make it” he nodded at me and I started to cry “I fucking hate you” I laughed and he stopped himself from laughed “I hate you to you sorry son of a bitch” he let out a small chuckle and soon enough the whole team was here and Doc was squeezing through to check up on him and he was ok.

9 months later.

“hey Reaper, you holding up?” Ghost asked and I gave him a mocking smile “I think Gaz has a thing for Doc” I huffed looking at the two from afar, they were really hitting it off, ever since Soap got out Doc had become a permanent member of 141, our personal Doc. Soap came over and kissed my cheek, “you look horrible” he shook his head and I flipped him off “I’m fine guys, I’m keeping an eye on those two” I crossed my arms and the boys rolled their eyes “enjoy the summer retreat, show off your sweet ass” Soap whistled and Ghost almost spat his cup of borbon, he settled for a face mask and ball cap, a pair of swim trunks and no shirt.

Soap had his Mohawk grown out and he was sporting hot pink swim trunks, Gaz was in a swim shirt and dark blue trunks, price went full dad with his stupid hat, a white tank top under a Hawaiian shirt, and swim shorts on, not to mention the horrible shoes. “Yeah I’m sure no one wants to see you waste that beautiful swim suit I bought you” Ghost kissed my neck softly and soap rested a hand on my thigh “Save it for the bedroom!” Laswell yelled and we all scooted away from each other “Hey reaper! Come swim!” Alex yelled and before I could protest Ghost had my picked up and he threw me in the water, barely giving my time to hold my breath.

I came up to the surface and Ghost was laughing his ass off along with Johnny who I pulled in “yeah, who’s laughing now?” I smiled and he rolled his eyes as my legs wrapped around his waist from under the water to keep myself afloat in the lake. “Hey! Storms coming in let’s get back inside!” Price ordered and my boys helped me out and Ghost wrapped a towel around me.

We went back inside and ended up choosing a corny movie on Netflix and just relaxing, I looked over and saw Gaz asleep on Docs lap and Doc softly rubbing his thigh. “cute” I mumbled ignoring Soap asleep on my stomach and Ghost letting me rest on his chest, Price and laswell were both asleep on each others shoulder and Laswells wife was laying across the two of them, Alex and Farah cuddling on the big round couch.

Thats how we spent our break, with the people we had learned to trust over the years.

That concluded the best book Ive ever wrote and the best decision I could have made, next chapter will be the epilogue to my Gaz book that is in the same universe believe it or not.