Family.

"no sight of Markov or any of his men, it's like he's turned into a ghost" you holstered your gun after arriving back on the first floor of the building "but how, we've kept eyes on him for months, he was here!" Gaz exclaimed as there was a yell for the two of you. "We found tunnels, we don't know where they lead but we have the supplies to take him out if we find him, or find his base" Price nodded to the plywood cover on top of the floor and the rug pushed back "we have one shot to do this, one chance to end this, I'm in if your in" you looked ar the combined team of Alejandros team and 141 "Farah, Alex, get down here!" you yelled and their steps descended the stairs and they joined us.

We dropped a glow stick and it wasn't too deep, Ghost and I helped everyone down but he stopped when it was my turn "let's end this yeah?" he winked and you laughed "I'm putting my trust in you to not go corny on me Simon" you winked back before you descended down, he was holding your arms and who you assumed to be Alex and Gaz grabbed your feet, then waist to help you hit the ground. Ghost dropped with a thud and you turned you dim flashlight on to walk the twisting tunnels, you hit a split and there were three paths "footprints in the middle, same ones from the building, they belong to Markov" Price informed and you nodded continuing that path, someone came out of a nook and you took him to the ground with a gun to his head "where is he?" you demanded and the man laughed "he's long gone" his accent was thick as he laughed and laughed, until you brought the but of your gun across his head, right on the temple, the crack was nauseating.

Gaz placed a hand on your shoulder and you looked at him "you alright solider?" he asked and you nodded "let's keep pushing yeah? We still have prints" Price gave a quick smile and you kept pushing on. "Kate, any updates on possible places Markov could be, the tunnel has went on for hours" I huffed as we hit a more open area, it looked like a bunker of sorts with the door you came through and another to go through.

"It seems like the tunnel is leading you to a building with at least 50 floors, he has to be launching the missile from there, I'd wait out where you are if you have the supplies to, if not keep pushing until the next opening" she informed and you huffed "got that, talk to you later" you stood and stretched your back "he's launching American missiles at Europe to cause a war, if we can stop him we prevent a lot of unnecessary deaths, let's run through our plan one last time" you instructed and everyone grouped around you. "Price, soap, Farah, and Gaz you come down from up top, Ale, Rudy, Alex, and Ghost, come up from the bottom and corner him in the middle, I'll be across on a building and I'll take the shot, then you have roughly 10 minutes to disarm the missiles, once you do that we celebrate" I smiled and everyone nodded "I'll watch the back, someone watch that door" I stood at the door way and kept quiet.

"we're going to stop this, I promise, even if it's just us" Soap walked over and bumped my arm, I looked up and smiled at him "it won't be, all of us can do this together, as a family" I assured and he hugged me. I hugged him back and he rubbed my back with a kiss on the head "we've killed worse before" I laughed and he smiled "yeah" and he went back to sit with the group.

The next morning

We had just reached the end of the tunnel and it was silent, I left and didn't see anyone so I helped everyone else out of the tunnel. "everyone get on the move" I huffed and we all moved, I went across the building and took position as the boys pushed down and up.

When soap clicked twice and Alejandro clicked twice I clicked, I watched as soap ran into the room, and Alejandro did on the opposite side I waited for them to get in position. Something went wrong and I couldn't see what, Ale fell and Soap was grabbed with a gun to back "I know you can see me and just know if you really want your buddy to die you can stay wherever you are" he spoke into soaps radio and I readied my shot "Soap now!" I yelled and I shot, the glass broke and they both fell to the ground, soap fell against the broken window into the pool below "Gaz get the missiles, Price make sure he's dead" I ordered running for soap.

I reached soap and Blood dyed the water red, the fall must have knocked him out, I struggled to pull him out but got him nonetheless and I fell on the ground besides him, I kept pressure on the shot until backup arrived "come on Soap, stay with me" I tried to not cry as they got him into the transport, the rest of the team behind them.

Back on base

My eyes were bloodshot and my nerves were shot, if soap died in would be my fault, I didn't take my shot quick enough and he died because of it. My coffee had gone cold, and it was still over halfway full, I still had his blood on me, on my hands, I hadn't noticed the team coming back until there was a soft hand on my back and a muffled voice telling me to go home "I'm not leaving him" my voice was quite and horse, and cold, colder than the med bay waiting room.

"Reaper, it's not your fault" Ghost was the one talking and I shook my head biting my cheek. "look at least wash the blood off, the doctor said there was another day before he woke up" Gaz huffed and I started to laugh.

"he won't wake up, I saw the wound, it broke into fragments, one probably hit an artery judging from the amount of bleeding, he might as well of been dead from the moment he hit the water" I stood and that's when the team got back foot look at me, my eyes were dark and filled with tears, blood was wiped on my face from trying to dry my cheeks and face in general, my clothes still looked wet, and they were definitely damp, and you could hear my boots sloshing when I stood. "I don't have hope and you shouldn't either" I huffed ignoring the tears coming to my eyes.

you voted well ;)