criminal

I was on the couch, my right leg over my left.

It was night, I looked over to the clock on the left wall.

That clock has been wrong for the last two years.

Yeah, two years I’ve been dead.

I picked up my phone, it was 8:43 pm, Sunday night.

The news was just blaring in the background, I turned my attention to my phone, I hesitated on calling Simon, it had quite literally been two years since we talked.

“Sissy, why are you still awake?” Eden, who was now 8,ran up to join me on the couch.

I smiled ruffling her hair and I picked her up I carried her to her room and put her in her bed “you’re supposed to be asleep, you silly girl” I laughed and she smiled “Ill go to bed, goodnight” she smiled and I nodded kissing her head and turning on her nightlight.

When I got back to the couch, the news woman was saying something urgent.

The military hero who died 2 years ago is rumored to actually be alive and in hiding, Y/n L/n is alive

I hurried to pick up my phone, my hands were shaking and I was scared shitless.

“Simon I need you to get the team and come here now” I mumbled and he gave a quick and simple reply before hanging up.

I hurried to grab the gun I hid, I wasn’t supposed to have any guns on me due to PTSD and nightmares but I could never be to safe.

Back and fourth. Up and down the hallway. I paced, waiting. Loaded gun in hand.

When I heard my door open I turned holding my gun at eye level.

Once I realized it was the team I set the gun down and ran to hug Ghost “you ok?” he asked and I nodded leading them to the living room so we could talk.

30 minutes later

Turns out Ghost didn’t do his visit to your grave, and the highest chance was that it was dung up, the visits prevented that from happening.

Upon finding that information out I charged ghost to quite literally strangle him and he grabbed my arms crossing them over my chest and flipping me to sit on his lap facing away from him.

“we can’t leave her alone but we have to check” Soap huffed and Gaz looked to Ghost holding me and then met my eyes.

“price, Ill go with you, soap you talk to Kate about this and Ghost, stay here to keep her safe” Gaz instructed and I huffed as they all left.

Ghost placed me beside me and he noticed my frantic nature “it’s going to be ok” he assured and I got a call “I’ll be back” I smiled and hurried to the hallway bathroom.

“Y/n we need you to come in for a meeting, giving everything that’s happened we need to have a talk with you” Kate said and I huffed “got it Laswell, do I need to dress to be on camera?” I asked and she hummed.

I hung up and left to go tell Simon “Kate wants me to come in and talk about what happened” I shook my hands and tried to stay calm “I can take you in now, Price said he was heading to base anyways” Ghost walked over to me and I looked up at him “I’ll get Eden, you wait for me to come” he hugged me and left me his jacket and I nodded waiting for him to return from her room.

He came out and she was still asleep, I put his jacket on and he walked me to my car and I put Eden in a seat before getting in.

At base.

Turns out I had a meeting with no other than the CIA to talk about some issues.

“faking your death and attempted murder are two things that I refuse to let you get away with!” the man on the other side of the screen argued and I shook my head “this is outrageous, I’m done with being a puppet for you, I’m don’t always doing what you want me to so I don’t end up back in a cell! “ I argued back and the man laughed “then I guess our deal is over, I expect you to be off of that base in twenty four hours, what happens to you next you can guess” he left the call and I left the room.

If a criminal is what I have to be then I’ll be a criminal.