drown

I made a pit stop to a bar two towns over, they still had pictures of Gaz and I up on the walls and I couldn’t help but laugh. “well I’ll be damned if it isn’t the legend herself” heavy hands hit my slouched shoulders and I smiled and I turned to face the guy “hey Phillip” I smiled and he sat beside me “what you doing off base? You get kicked off?” he questioned and I nodded “I left, shits coming up from all sides, I need out of that place” I huffed looking over at Phillip, his hair had gotten longer and he was clean shaven for once.

“Well your not getting out, I was coming up to ask if you wanted to join shadow company?” he asked and I shook my head “hell no Adler, are you crazy?” I asked and he raised his brows “it’s Graves, switched to my moms last name, and no I’m not crazy!” he argued and I huffed hearing the door open.

“Thank the Lord we found you” Gaz huffed walking up to me, he immediately hugged me and I pushed him off “how the hell did you guys find me?” I asked and they nodded to Ghost, he was standing in the shade of the room, it was scary. “I’m not coming back, I was betrayed and lied too, be everyone” I shook my head standing up and reaching for my jacket only for it to be grabbed “Simon” Price nodded and all of a sudden I was thrown over a shoulder.

I had far to many drinks to attempt a fight so I surrendered, letting him carry me to the car, Gaz got in my car and led the way back. I expected us to head to base, but we took the opposite turned and I felt drowsy, sleep was catching up on my quicker than I wanted it to, I guess after loosing the responsibility of being behind the wheel I felt as if I could sleep, and I could probably sleep of some of the drinks I had so I didn’t fuck things up.

The next day, 5:53 am

I woke up wiping my eyes, I was in a bed, not on base either. I got up and felt the cold feeling of hard wood floors, something I was vaguely used to feeling, it still sent a chill throughout my body as I pulled a bigger hoodie on over my shirt.

I left the bedroom to hear talking downstairs, I slowly walked downstairs to see the bare walls of the staircase and bare walls of the hallway. I came to what I assumed was the garage door and I stood just barley in the doorway, the team was there and another guy, he was clearly frustrated and he was saying something in Spanish.

Before I could hide Ghost turned, probably at the feeling of eyes on his back and he held up a finger to the group as I hurried up the stairs back to the room I was being kept in, I hurried to get under the covers and act as if I was never awake. The door softly shut and the bed dipped down from extra weight “I’m not Simon” Prices rough voice whispered and I sat up quickly “but-” he cut my off by shaking his head “I stopped him from coming up here, he’s in a mood right now” Price made my scoot over as he sat beside me “why are you leaving me in the dark? You should have woke me up if we were having a team discussion” I huffed and he tilted his head “is that what you think? We were just talking like a worried team would?” he questioned and I nodded “we’re all worried about you, your our family, and with everything that happened in the last 48 hours we want you to be safe” he explained and I took a deep breath.

“there was an attack on base, they got in and got out, they set fire to some of the shit you left behind, whoever it was, they’re looking for you” he filled me in and I shook my head getting up and crawling over him.

I left the room with him right behind me, the bigger hoodie down to my knees, whoever owned it wanted it to be baggy on them. I made it to the garage and everyone turn to look at me Gaz looked to price and back at me “I have thousand of people after me, enemies of the cartel, they think I’m the leader and they want me dead” I huffed moving to look at the file that was in my bag “what if Markov wants the file back? I took it, what if he planted a tracker in it, something so he could follow me?” I asked and price nodded, he was getting me “and the reason he put a tracker in was to find the base and take you!” he figured out what I was getting to and I started looking in the pockets of everything, finally finding the small device, I smashed it with a smile.

“I’m sorry, who are you?” the guy talking in Spanish asked stepping in front of me, I presented my hand I could see Simon clench his fist in the corner of my eye and he shook my hand “I’m Y/n” I nodded and he smiled “Alejandro, I work with the Mexican special forces, nice to meet you” I smiled back to him and I was lifted by the hood of the hoodie. “you need to go back to sleep” Ghost huffed and I tried to get out of his grasp “Ghost! Put me down!” I argued and he grumbled something, he also proceeded to hold me closer to him.

I was dropped onto the bed and Ghost stood in front of me with his arms crossed “you’re staying in this room, safe.” He demanded and I shook my head “this is my fight, why do you keep trying to protect me? I can hold my own.” I huffed and he shook his head, in what looked like disbelief, maybe anger? “When will you realize I’m acting like this because I Love you Y/n, I care, I tried to be there for you when no one else was, who saved you from dying in a river? Who followed you out into the rain, who begged you to stay?” He stood there waiting for my answer “you did” I mumbled and he stepped closer “what was that sergeant?” he asked and you stood up straight “you did! But did I ask you to? Did I say that I needed you to save me?” I pushed him back and he shook his head “look, every time I tried to make friends shit went wrong! I didn’t want to be apart of this team after Alex, after I lost everything, I couldn’t keep my head above water, I wanted to drown Si!” I cried as he pulled me in, he didn’t move, he just held me.

I didn’t want you to drown, you can’t drown, not yet