Chapter 15: The Pink Dress

******* Levi's POV*******

I just had my eyes on her.

Where did she go?

One minute, she was in the women's clothing boutique and the next- gone!

I even saw Abigail looking around for her. Then, I overheard her speaking with the employee about how Amelia must have left early and gone home.

I doubt that.

I've been watching Amelia. She avoids home at all costs. Unless she's tending to Eden.

I scan the cobblestone streets, visually combing through people, looking for Amelia.

Looking for that light pink dress that hugged her so perfectly.

A knot of desire and worry combined forms in the pit of my stomach at the thought of her.

I don't see her.

Panic strikes me hard and fast. I have got to find her.

Still scanning, my eyes stumble across a plant stand. An older gentlemen is talking with customers and smiling from ear to ear, his small business is booming with all of the people eagerly flocking his cart.

I approach the cart, "Excuse me sir." I say, hoping to grab his attention long enough to ask if he'd seen her.

He does not hear me. There are to many people asking questions and expressing interest.

"Sir!" I declare, demanding to be heard. My deep voice reverberates across the crowd of people, bouncing off the nearby shops and stones. The crowd of people hush and turn to face me, including the owner of the stand.

"Have you seen a girl with brown hair in a pink dress come near here?" I ask sternly, aware that, literally, all eyes are on me. But I need answers.

The man smiles at me, ignoring my stern gaze. "Oh yes! She was here just a moment ago." he politely responds.

He looks around his cart for a moment.

He shrugs. "She must have left, son. She was here only moments ago."

I scan the area once more.

Where the hell could she have gone? And Alone at that!

I hear laughing. Men's laughter. I turn my head. It's coming from that alley.

Oh fuck no.

This is not fucking happening.

She wouldn't have went down there all by herself, would she?

Anger and panic flood through every muscle in my body. I run down the alley, afraid of what I might see once I round the corner.

Once I do, my palpable anger converts into a maddening outrage.

I see Amelia. Her hair is wrapped around some guy's fist, her head is painfully yanked backwards. Her neck is exposed, pushing her chest outward. There's five other men crowded around her, making disgusting, vile comments about her.