Nine

Jungkook's pov:

I sigh in relief but also sadness once Taehyung slips. I hate to see him so upset but i'm glad he's found comfort in me once again.

I was slightly confused when I saw Taehyung alone at the park and was even more concerned when he wasn't even wearing a coat. The temperatures outside are almost below freezing he would of definitely caught a cold.

"come on let's get you warmed up" I tell Tae, lifting him up onto my hip before unlocking my car door. He's light in my arms, almost weightless and I have to stop myself from commenting on it.

Taehyung is quiet, eyes doe-like but still streaming with tears. "oh baby don't cry now" I coo, taking my hand and gently wiping away the salty streams. I feel Taehyung's hand gently grip my jumper and he chokes on a quiet sob.

"no, no go home" he bawls, gripping me a bit tighter. My heart breaks hearing his pleads.

I had a feeling something was going on in his home life. The way he's started distancing himself from his friends and even Jimin. The way he seems so much sadder, the bags under his eyes and drastic weight loss tells me he's not sleeping or eating well either. When I saw him at the park by himself just now and how he admitted that he doesn't want to go home told me all my predications were unfortunately correct.

"no i'm not taking you home little one don't worry" I tell him, deciding to sit in the passenger seat of my car with him on my lap for a bit until he calms down.

Taehyung's eyes were glossy and there's a slight pout of his lips. His breathing is uneven but is slowly returning to normal.

"there you go, that's it, good job bun" I praise, bouncing him on my lap every now and again. I blow onto his face to cool down his reddening cheeks and he giggles at the feeling, sprouting a smile to my lips.

"god you're so adorable" I mumble under my breath.

"go kookie's home?" he asks, tilting his head to the side. I take note of how he's slowly regressing into a lower age but also coo at his attempt of saying Jungkook. Kookie. If that isn't the most adorable thing ever.

I think about his words carefully. I clearly can't take him back to his house when he's like this. I'm not sure if his parents even know about his little space but i'm guessing it's not likely. Will they be mad if I take him back to mine? Will they even notice? Will they even care? The thought saddens me, but I decide it's the right thing to do.

I take my phone out and give Yoongi a text, briefly explaining what has happened and to not come round tonight. I'm not sure how Tae would react to little Jimin in his headspace.

"yes baby we'll go to kookie's home" I tell him, tickling his sides and watching his box-like smile appear. Taehyung releases sounds of delight and squirms under my touch.

"noo, kookie stwop" he tries between laughing, hand coming up to push my chest away. Feeling safe enough to regress further.

"okay okay I'll stop. Kookie was being mean wasn't he? i'm sorry bun" I smile. Just having Taehyung in my presence whether he's big or little fills my heart with so much joy and makes me feel so content. I can't explain it. But looking after him makes me feel accomplished and just so incredibly happy.

After a few minutes of letting Taehyung calm down I get out of my car and place him in the passenger seat, strapping him in before making my way to the drivers seat.

Taehyung's eyes scan the car curiously and he jumps slightly when the engine starts. His wide doe eyes turn to me and he cups his mouth with his hands, as if he's in shock at what he's just heard.