Twenty Four

thank you for 20k reads🤍

Third Persons pov:

The second Taehyung decided to let go and slip, the switch was instant.

He whimpers, head looking up to scan his surroundings. The realisation soon sets in that he's alone and it's dark, and the thought scares the little.

"daddy?" he calls out, eyes beginning to water for a whole different reason.

When he receives no answer, the little begins to panic.

"d-daddy no wanties taetae?" he whimpers to himself, crawling to the edge of the rug and peeking his tiny head out behind the sofa.

Apart from the living room, which was very dimly lit, the whole house was dark. Pitch black to be precise. And Taehyung becomes frightened.

Hot tears roll down his cheeks, and he pushes himself back to sit on his bum. He attempts to self sooth, rocking his body back and forth whilst holding his toes. But it does little to ease his anxiety.

His thumb makes it's way to his mouth, and he begins to suck, choking on a sob.

His eyes continue to scan his surroundings, becoming more and more restless and scared the longer he's left alone.

"daddy?" he cries out. 

Taehyung rolls himself onto his front, and crawls over towards the kitchen area. 

"yoonie? jiminie?"

Tears fall from the tiny boy's face and lands beside his hands, staining the tiled floor.

"taetae lweft all 'lone"

The little boy cries hard. Not understanding why his daddy isn't here and why he's been abandoned. He wants his pacifier and bunny. Wants to snuggle his face into the animal's fluffy body and ears. Also wanting to cuddle his daddy.

Taehyung continues to crawl around the span of downstairs. Tears continuing to fall as well as whimpers leaving his lips.

He eventually makes a full circle, returning back to the living room and realises after he found no one, he's completely alone. His toy box sits in front, and the familiarity brings the boy some comfort.

Taehyung crawls over, struggling to lift the lid but managing too, pulling out a stuffed elephant. It reminds him of when he gave the item to Jimin. And the memory only makes him cry more.

"j-jiminie no here for Taetae.."

"b-but Taetae here for Taetae!" he reassures himself, holding the small elephant close and gently patting it's head.

"Taetae will wook after yous Mr. elphint!" he beams brightly at the animal, giving his best smile despite his tears that are still falling. "n-no be scwared now!" And the tiny boy doesn't know if he's trying to convince the elephant or himself.

About half an hour goes by and the living room only gets darker as the evening rolls on.

Taehyung took some stacking blocks out of his toy box and began to stack them. Showing the Elephant how to do so and even letting him knock them down once he was finished.

He then moved on to a sound board, it was heavy to pull out but the bright colours intrigued him. Even in the darkness of the room.

"ouchie!" he whimpers, when he gets his finger caught on the heavy plastic. "Mr. toy is a mweanie!" he pouts deeply, holding his finger and glaring at the sound board, eyes watering slightly.