Thirty Three

Taehyung's pov:

I snuggle up closer to Jimin as the strawberry ice cream invades my tastebuds.

The two of us are up in Jungkook's bed, beneath piles of soft duvets and blankets with pillows propped up behind us against the headboard.

We've found a new baking show to start watching and with Jimin's speciality of giving 'puppy eyes' to Yoongi, we both have a tub of ice cream each.

Mines filled with Strawberry scoops whilst Jimin's is cookies and cream.

"i've never realised how big the tv is in here" He mumbles, mouth full.

I just nod my head, not even pulling my gaze from the show to inspect the large 55 inch screen.

It's been a few hours since getting back from court, and everything still feels so fresh. My dad's sentencing. My mothers words and seeing Haru.

I sigh, letting my head fall onto Jimin's shoulder. He moves until one arm is wrapped around me and he's lightly threading his fingers through my hair.

"Jiminie" I whisper, deep in thought.

I hear him hum and see his eyes flick to me in my peripheral vision. But I unintentionally don't reply, mind elsewhere. Hyper focused on the trial and the guilt I feel.

I'm snapped out of it when Jimin takes my tub of ice cream and puts it on the bedside table along with his own.

"hey" I mumble, pouting up at him.

Jimin simply chuckles and turns back to me, completely cocooned in the covers and he pulls me down to lay with him too.

"do you want to talk about it? the trial?" He whispers, after a moment of just comfortable silence.

The warmth of Jimin and the covers as well as the comforting scent of Jungkook on the pillows almost sends me to sleep. But the question is jarring, and I release a shaky breath.

"not really"

I barely heard my reply, and so i'm surprised Jimin did too. But it's so quiet, I didn't even realise that the tv has been muted until all I could hear was my heart beating away in my ears.

Jimin sends me a warm smile and pulls me close, allowing me to relax into his chest.

I smile, thankful he's not pushing me to speak, but there is something I need to get off my mind.

"actually, there's one thing" I mutter, hearing Jimin hum and urge me to continue.

"i um.. i sort of s-spaced out. For the trial I mean, l-like for all of it?" I don't know why i'm reduced to a stuttering mess, but the anxiety that is clawing it's way up my chest at the unfamiliarity of the whole situation is nauseating.

The room falls silent for a few minutes, but Jimin's fingers continue to thread through my hair. I don't dare to look up from his chest, worried he'll think i'm weird or making this all up.

"yoongi said you did" is all he says, and that finally makes me look up, brows furrowed in confusion.

"you don't think i'm a weirdo?" I ask softly, expecting him to laugh at me.

And Jimin does, but not in the malicious way I was expecting. It's one of disbelief and fondness.

"aish Tae, why do you think such things?" The vibrations against his chest makes me blush in embarrassment, I can't help but be a little insecure at times.

"m-my hyung's said it isn't normal to space out for so long. I don't even know what happened.."

There's movement before Jimin's arm flies off me and he fishes his phone from beneath the covers, squinting at the screen's brightness.