Twenty Six

Jungkook's pov:

"Taehyung, can you go get me a pack of strawberries please?" I ask, eyes glued to the list in my hand.

Taehyung scurries off to retrieve the pack of fresh fruit from the other isle, coming back shortly after and placing it in the shopping cart.

"here you go" he smiles, pulling his sleeves down to create sweater paws.

"thank you baby" I hum, leaning down to kiss his forehead.

"is there anything else we need?" He asks, as we walk through the supermarket isles.

"no, that's about it" I reply, looking at everything checked off from my list.

My phone buzzes in my back pocket and it reminds me of what I wanted to ask the younger.

"Tae, could you come here for a moment?" I ask, watching as he puts down what he was looking at and comes back over to me.

He raises his brows slightly and gives me a small smile, and I hope this news doesn't wipe it away.

"I meant to ask earlier, this morning my parents called and they'd love to meet you." Just as I had predicted, Taehyung's smile falters.

"t-they do?" he asks nervously, starting to play with his fingers.

"yes, my love. I've told them so much about you and if you're up for it, they want us to come over for dinner tomorrow night. Of course we don't have too if you don't want to but I thought it would be nice for you guys to finally meet."

I walk forward and wrap my arms around his small frame, practically feeling the anxiety radiating off his body like steam.

Taehyung falls silent for a moment, eyes dilated as his mind is elsewhere. I know he doesn't want to meet them mainly because he's such an anxious and introverted little. But he also wants to go because they're my parents.

"o-okay" he finally mumbles, eyes locking with my own. His orbs are watering slightly as he takes in a shaky breath.

"bun" I coo, sighing as I litter his face in kisses.

I know he's already thinking of a million and one scenarios where everything goes wrong, which is beginning to overwhelm his mind.

"They know so much about you already. I'm always sending them pictures and telling them about you on the phone. They know you're a little if that's what you're worried about. And they have met Jimin loads of times when he's in his space too. They're fully supportive."

This seems to ease his nerves only slightly but he still looks reluctant.

"Don't force yourself to go if you're really not up for it baby." I tell him, not wanting to pressure him into going.

"n-no I want too. I want to meet them." He smiles, still fiddling with his fingers but his eyes are sparkling slightly now.

I lean down to connect our lips in a kiss.

-

So having dinner soon turned into staying over for the night.

Once I confirmed with my parents that we were coming they refused to let me drive back home afterwards. Saying because they're almost an hour away, it'll be too dark and icy to make the journey.

Taehyung freaked out once again but I managed to calm him down. He doesn't want to slip in front of them even though they won't mind. But I understand completely.

But it still hasn't stopped me from secretly packing all his little things and some toys too.

Just in case.