Eleven

Jungkook's pov:

Much to Taehyung's despair, the doorbell goes just as I was bringing the warm bottle of milk to his lips. "ah!" he cries, a small whine following suit as I take the bottle away and place it on the table. "mwilk?" he asks, eyes glossy and lips in a pout as I pull the little up onto my hip.

"sorry baby you can have your milk in a second" I promise, kissing Taehyung's temple and walking us over to the front door.

I'm met with a very stressed induced Seokjin as well as a worried Namjoon, who's holding Jin's shoulders and squeezing them reassuringly.

"Jinnie!" Taehyung squeals, instantly reaching out with grabby hands at the boy.

"Tae! oh my god my baby come here"

I feel reluctant to hand Taehyung over, fearing Seokjin won't give him back. But I do anyway, stepping aside and letting the couple in.

"Hi there little one" Namjoon coos, giving Taehyung a kiss on the forehead.

I bring the trio back into the living room, turning the tv down so we can talk.

"I was just about to give him a bottle.. but you can if you want?" I suggest, seeing as Seokjin has already pulled Taehyung onto his lap.

We all take a seat, the couple sit on the sofa and I sit myself on the one seater just off to the right, giving them some space to be with Tae. However, just as Seokjin brings the milk to Taehyung's mouth he tilts his head away and pushes the bottle, a desperate cry leaving his lips.

"what's the matter munchkin?" Namjoon asks, taking hold of one of Taehyung's hands.

"kookie" he whimpers, gazing over and making grabby hands towards me. It's clear that he wants me to give him his bottle.

I don't miss the visible hurt and sadness that washes over Seokjin's face. He gives Namjoon a look before looking over to me and sighing.

"I think he wants you" he mumbles, being gentle when he passes the little over to me. I take him with a small smile, laying Taehyung down on my lap and bringing the bottle to his lips. He starts drinking the milk instantly, eyes closing and visibly relaxing. His body is warm and it makes me hold him that much closer.

"he seems to have grown quite fond of you" Seokjin says, attempting a smile but it cracks. Namjoon runs a hand down his back to comfort him and I feel awful.

"well.. There's quite a bit that has happened recently that I know the two of you aren't aware off.." I trail off. Not really knowing where or how to start in telling them i'm Taehyung's official carer now.

Namjoon smiles, encouraging me to continue whilst Seokjin just keeps his eyes trained to Tae. I feel myself holding the boy a bit tighter under his intense gaze, but I know it's just because he hasn't seen or spoken to him in awhile.

"i'm his official carer now"

okay.. that wasn't exactly smooth. Direct though? yes.

The couples heads shoot up to me comically fast. Eyes widening and jaws dropping open.

"y-you're what?!" Seokjin asks, voice raising in what can only be shock.

"His carer" I clarify, trying to stay calm but not liking the way his raised voice disturbed Taehyung, who's eyes are now open looking up at me and fingers in small fists.

I find myself looking down to the boy, warmly smiling and stroking some hair out of his face. I gently rock us a few times before his eyes close once again, almost half way through his bottle.