Twenty Five

Taehyung's pov:

"Taehyung.. baby..."

I'm shaken awake by Jungkook, who's body was hovering over my own.

"hm?" I mumble, unable to open my eyes as I turn over and bury my face deep into the pillow. The faint scent of Jungkook clings to the material and I smile in my half asleep like state.

"noo, you can't go back to sleep baby duckling" Jungkook coos, taking ahold of my shoulder and gently turning me back over onto my back.

I open my eyes, thankful that the curtains are still closed, and I can just make out Jungkook's body over my own.

"Merry Christmas, my love" he coos, leaning down to kiss the tip of my nose.

"Merry Christmas" I smile.

My mind feels cloudy with my body telling me to go back to sleep, but I take the opportunity to lift my arms up and wrap them around Kook's neck, bringing him down so I can hug him.

Jungkook welcomes me with open arms, but kneels back up to sit on his knees, bringing me up with him.

I whine quietly at the slight chill on my bare arms as the covers fall off me, but quickly hum as Jungkook's warmth embraces me.

"you want to go downstairs and see what Santa Clause left for you?" He asks after a comfortable few minutes of cuddling.

"koo" I giggle, snuggling my face into his chest more. "I don't believe in santa."

"I know that" he chuckles, giving my sides a squeeze. "but little Tae does."

We stay like this for a little while longer, content on holding each other with the dark silence of the morning. With the faint light behind the curtains, I can tell the sun is only just beginning to rise.

"come on then little lamb." Jungkook coos, getting to his feet and taking me with him.

I wrap my arms and legs around his neck and waist with reddening cheeks. Jungkook is always so loving anyway, but all these nicknames are making me feel shy.

Once we reach the bottom of the stairs, I pull my head away from Jungkook's neck and my eyes open wide.

The living room, in it's full christmas glory is glistening with lights. The soft orange from the tree, as well as the fairy lights that have been since hung across the tv and shelves. The coffee table has been moved to give space to the carpet and a pile of wrapped gifts have been stacked in it's place.

The curtains are open and the sky is a soft lavender, with pastel pinks and blues shining through as the sun begins to rise. Snow covers the ground and glistens on the window panes, and I can't help but just feel a sense of joy spiking through my sleepiness.

"kook, oh my god" My mouth opens in awe as i'm sat down onto the carpet, Jungkook sitting opposite me.

"you didn't have to.." I didn't ask for anything from Jungkook for christmas mainly for the fact that I don't need anything from him.

Just being able to spend the day with him is enough for me. I don't need any gifts..

"I know I didn't have to but I wanted to Tae." he grins, crossing his legs with his eyes shining. I can tell he's excited.

"The presents with the candy cane paper is for big tae, and the ones in the white wrapping paper are for little tae."

I can feel my eyes water slightly at the thought that has gone into all of this. The gifts are wrapped so delicately and with such perfection. Each one home to a little ribbon and a bow on the corner.