Twelve

Taehyung's pov:

It's a weird feeling, being homesick for a home where you aren't wanted. It's like a tight pain in your gut. An uneasiness, similar to when you feel like something bad is going to happen, but you can't help but go along with it to see if anything truly does.

The walk home was quiet and cold. The icy wind felt nice on my face. The sting was refreshing and the alone time gave me a moment to think. The last bell of the day had rung and gone, and I tried to make my escape before anyone could see me. But I wasn't that fortunate.

-

"Tae!" I was halted in my steps, just outside the college buildings doors.

"o-oh hi Jimin" I mumbled shyly, hand reaching to scratch the back of my neck.

"Yoongi and I are going back to Jungkook's for dinner tonight, we can have a play date!" He spoke excitedly, taking ahold of my hand and giving it a gentle pull back towards the school. Towards Jungkook and Yoongi.

"oh sorry Jimin, i-i'm not going to Jungkook's, i'm going back to mine tonight" My voice was quiet and I wasn't able to hold eye contact, never being able to lie without feeling truly revolted in myself.

Jimin's hold faltered before stopping in his steps. "oh that's right! Jungkook said about you going with your hyung's?" I gave a curt nod, fingers starting feel tingly as I continue to lie.

"i'll wait with you for them!" and with that, Jimin brought our bodies down to the concrete steps of the school. The ones that should make me feel uncomfortable to sit on, but actually brought me and my shaky legs great relief.

"Jiminie.. you don't have to.."

"Tae, stop it. I'm not going to let you and your lonely ass wait here alone" he told with a chuckle, wrapping an arm around my own and leaning his head on my shoulder. I couldn't help but bring my fingers to his hair. So soft and silky. The action probably brought more comfort to me than it did to him.

I didn't know what to do nor say. We can't sit and wait here for people who aren't going to show. We'd be here all night, and my plan will surely crumble.

"chim" I began with a sigh.

"hm?"

After a long exhale I decided to bite the bullet.

"my hyung's aren't coming"

Jimin brought his head away from my shoulder, my fingers falling in the process. "what do you mean?"

"i'm not meeting my hyung's. T-they aren't coming. I'm going to my dads, alone."

Jimin's eyes widened slightly, beginning to look fidgety.

"Tae why did you lie to Jungkook?"

I huffed out some air, it warming my face in the process. "i-i didn't lie.. I am going to my dads. J-just not with my hyung's. And my dads not home"

"Taehyung!"

"aish Jiminie pabo" I tried to lighten the mood, forcing out a small laugh to ease the tension.

"yah what was that?" he jokingly glared, pinching my side and making he hiss, pushing his hand away.

"i'm sorry" I teased, giving a small smile that felt much realer this time around.

"i'm serious thou Tae, why did you lie to Jungkook? he'll be upset when he finds out.."

"if he finds out, if, jiminie. And I didn't want to lie! especially not to Jungkook. it's just that.." sigh "something happened today and it just made me feel a bit homesick? like I just want to go home to see the empty house? But I know that if Jungkook found out he'd worry about me too much and either come with me or not let me go. I don't want him to worry and I need to do this alone so it's better to lie y'know?" no. it's never better to lie.